First of all it tastes absolutely delicious and secondly it’s a snap to make.
You know how much I love my Coconut Cream Pie Recipe and this one is very similar as far as simple ingredients and directions go.
Basically you bake a frozen pie crust, whisk together a few ingredients, pour the pudding like mixture into the cooled pie crust, top with a little whipped topping and chocolate syrup and viola, you just painlessly made an impressive dessert. Boom Baby, that’s what I’m talking about.
Lucky for him, he won’t have to wait until Thanksgiving to have Zebra Pie again. It’s so yummy and easy, I’ll definitely be making it on a regular basis. Also, another reason I love this recipe is that it’s made from ingredients that are easy to keep on hand in your pantry and freezer. Perfect for when you need to take a dessert somewhere or want to take dinner to someone but don’t want to run to the store.
- 1 9 inch frozen pie crust, baked according to package instructions and cooled (I like to poke mine all over with a fork before baking to prevent bubbling)
- 1 (3.4 ounce) instant vanilla pudding mix
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain greek yogurt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Chocolate Syrup for Garnish
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine pudding mix, heavy cream, milk, sour cream or greek yogurt, and vanilla. Whisk for two minutes or until everything is completely combined and smooth.
- Evenly spread mixture into the bottom of the cooked and cooled pie crust.
- Spread a thin layer of whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Using the Chocolate syrup make a back and forth pattern across the pie, starting at one end and going to the other.
- Next drag a knife through the syrup one direction and then the other every inch or so to get the desired zebra-esk pattern.
Sheet Pan Eclair Dessert Recipe over on The Mother Huddle.
Keep it Real!!!