I love that the flavors in this meat go perfectly with Mexican inspired dishes….which happen to be a favorite around here. I always use one serving, fresh the day I make it, and then freeze two or more bags of meat to use in future meals.
I buy large Pork Loins when they are on sale and then cut them into approx 3 lb pieces and keep them in the freezer.
- 3 lbs pork loin
- 6-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 2½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp cumin
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- Put pork in crock pot, can be frozen (you may need to cut it in half to get it to fit in your crock pot)
- drizzle lemon or lime juice on meat and then sprinkle salt, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, oregano and pepper on to meat.
- If meat is frozen add ¼ cup water, careful to pour it down the side of the crock pot so you won't rinse the seasonings off the meat.
- If meat is not frozen add ½ cup of water carefully down the side of crock pot so you won't rinse the seasonings off the meat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is fork tender and shreds easily.
Sometimes when I want to hurry things along, I turn my crock pot to high for the first hour or so and then turn it down to low….just don’t forget to turn it down.
Keep it Real!