Hello Dolly Bars without eggs, but then I looked in the pantry and I only had 4 graham crackers. I had to get creative.
I came up with these S’more Bars, and I am not kidding when I say they are Fan-Freaking-Tastic!!!! Such a perfect combination of flavors and super quick to throw together. You’re gonna love this recipe!
- 1 cup old fashioned or quick oats
- 4 large graham crackers
- ⅓ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- dash of salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips, heaping
- 12 large marshmallows cut in half or in thirds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a blender or food processor, process the oats until they become flour like, add the graham crackers and do the same or crush them with a rolling pin if desired,
- Combine crushed graham crackers and oat flour with the regular flour, the brown sugar and the dash of salt. Mix until well combined
- Pour melted butter into dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined
- Spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and press the cookie mixture into the bottom of the pan, evenly and firmly. (I put my had inside a plastic sandwich bag to make the job less messy)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in the 350 degree oven
- Immediately upon getting pan out of the oven, evenly sprinkle cookie crust with chocolate chips. Allow chocolate chips to start to melt but do not spread them around. When they are obviously melted place the marshmallows evenly spaced over the bars being careful not to have them touch. (see pictures below)
- Move the oven rack up and turn oven to broil.
- Broil the bars until the marshmallows are evenly toasted. You will need to turn the pan often and watch closely so you do not over cook some of the marshmallows.
Press cookie dough into 8×8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
Sprinkle cooked cookie crust with chocolate chips immediately after it comes out of the oven. Allow it to sit for 3-5 minutes or until chips are melted.
Press marshmallow pieces into the melted chocolate chips making sure to keep them evenly spaced and not touching.
Broil marshmallows under your oven broiler until they are golden brown. Take care to turn pan so all marshmallows will will brown evenly.
Allow bars to cool completely before cutting into squares. The crust will be crumbly while it is still warm. I put mine in the fridge to hurry up the cooling process. YUMMY!!!!
I needed this campfire-ish treat to get me through this crazy winter weather….here’s to looking forward to Summer!!!!
Keep it Real!!!