Move over chips and salsa, there’s a new combo in town for the summer. This Feta Greek Salad Dip served with pita chips is delicious and will be a hit at all your potlucks and barbecues this summer.
Something about moving to Europe has turned me into a huge feta fan and a huge fan of Greek-inspired dishes. I’m always looking for ways to add some feta and lemon juice to things. This dip is basically everything you love about a Greek Salad–chopped up nice and small so it fits on a pita chip. It’s a win for my fellow feta/Greek food lovers.
I am also very happy to report that this dip goes perfectly scooped on top of my Greek Bowls, and basically combines making the Greek Salad and the Tzatziki Sauce. In this stage of life, I’ll take any shortcut I can get that still leads to deliciousness!
I can’t wait for you to give this a try. I was shocked that even Cooper, my three-year-old, kept begging for more of this. Apparently, he loves Greek food like his mama. Hopefully, your family will love it, too!
More Recipes perfect for Summertime
- Classic Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Sauteed Zucchini and Yellow Squash with Garlic and Parmesan
- Famous Sanpete County Barbecue Turkey and Chicken Marinade
- Key Lime Pie
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- The BEST Zucchini Bread Recipe
step-by-step photos on how to make feta greek salad dip
Tips for making Feta Greek Salad Dip
- The dip is best served the day it’s made, but can be kept in the fridge for 1-2 days. More liquid will be released from the veggies the longer it sits, which can make them a little mushy over time.
- Use a 6-8 ounce block of feta cheese and crumble it by hand.
- If you need to use regular cucumbers, make sure to peel them, but there’s no need to peel English Cucumbers.
- Use grape or cherry tomatoes for the best flavor and results. Other tomatoes will add more liquid to the dip.
- Make sure to use fresh lemon juice.
- Olive oil is also a must. Do not sub another oil in its place.
- 6-8 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ of an English cucumber (approx. 1 cup) chopped into pea-size pieces
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes (approx. 2 cups) chopped into pea-size pieces
- ¼ cup red onion, very finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (approx. ½ a lemon)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the chopped cucumber, tomato, red onion, chopped dill, and crumbled feta cheese.
- Next, in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the oil mixture over the veggies and cheese and stir until combined.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
- Serve with pita chips.
Homemade Salad Dressings