Making your own egg noodles for Homemade Chicken Soup is easier than you think. If you have five minutes and a rolling pin, you are halfway there! My family absolutely loves this Five Minute Homemade Egg Noodle Recipe!
Other Homemade Recipes
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Homemade Pizzeria-Style Pizza Dough
- The Best Homemade Alfredo Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix
- Mom’s Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Rice-a-Roni Recipe
Step by Step Pictures for how to make five minute homemade egg noodle recipe
- Start by whisking together the 2 eggs, 2 tbsp milk, 1/2 tsp salt, and a pinch of pepper.
- Depending on the day and the size of your eggs, it will take between 1 1/2 and 2 cups of flour to make your dough. Start by adding about 1 1/4 cups of flour. Mix with a fork.
- This is what mine looked like with 1 1/4 cup flour mixed in…too sticky. I added about 1/2 cup more and continued mixing with a fork.
- This is what you want the dough to look like before you start to knead it into a ball, just a little sticky with some loose flour around the edges and bottom. I only used 1 3/4 cup of flour to get to this point.
- Using your hand, knead the dough (right in the bowl you mixed in) until all the flour is incorporated and it becomes a ball of sorts.
- It is perfectly normal for your hands to look like this after doing this job. If the dough seems excessively sticky, you can add a little more flour.
- Plop your dough out onto a generously floured surface and roll it out using a rolling pin.
- If the dough starts to stick to your surface, carefully lift it up like so and slide a little more four under it.
- Your dough should be this thin when you are done rolling it out.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut dough into noodles between 1/4- and 1/2-inch wide.
- Carefully pick up noodles in small batches, so they will not all smash together. Gently place them into the boiling soup.
- The noodles will float to the top of the soup while they are cooking. Allow them to cook for 10-15 minutes and then serve!
Yummy! You did it!!!
I hope you love this recipe as much as my family does! Don’t forget to try my Classic Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup. It is delicious!
Tips for making Five Minute Homemade Egg Noodles
- These noodles can also be made ahead and frozen. If you want to freeze the noodles, let them dry out before putting them in a freezer-safe container. It takes them a few hours to dry out. Leave them on the counter to do so, and flip them after a couple of hours so the other side can dry, too. I never bother to freeze them, though, because they are so easy to whip up fresh! 🙂
- If the dough starts to stick to the surface when you are rolling it out, carefully lift it up and slide a little more four under it.
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1½-2 cups flour + more for rolling out
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together.
- Add flour by starting out with 1¼ cup and add more until dough begins to form. (See pictures above.)
- Knead for 1 minute to form dough into a ball shape.
- Using a rolling pin, roll dough out very thinly on a generously floured surface. (See pictures above.)
- Slice dough into noodles between ¼- and ½-inch thick in width using a pizza cutter and gently place in boiling soup.
- Let noodles cook in boiling water for 10-15 minutes before serving.