Why can’t it be peach season all year round? Berries are my favorite summer fruit, but peaches are a close second. Unlike berries though, it’s hard to find good peaches outside of the summer months. You really need to make the most of them while they are here. This Fresh Peach Crisp recipe is a delicious way to enjoy fresh peaches. You also don’t want to miss out on these super popular Fresh Peach Muffins. Do yourself a favor and get both of these recipes on your list of “to-make” treats asap!
This Fresh Peach Crisp recipe couldn’t be more simple. It’s made from simple ingredients you probably have in house right now (as long as you have some fresh peaches, you are good to go). Serve the finished crisp while it is still a little bit warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream. Soooo delicious!
This Fresh Peach Crisp can also be made with frozen peaches if fresh aren’t available. If I can get my hands on a bushel of peaches, I always freeze a few bags of cut-up peaches so I can pull them out of the freezer and make a quick dessert when we have company or when we are missing fresh peaches. I don’t recommend using canned peaches for this crisp recipe. Canned taste yummy in a cobbler, but for a crisp you really want the fruit to be as fresh as possible.
Amazing Crisp Recipes and Other Must Make Summer Desserts:
- The Best Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Single Serve Berry Cobbler
- Magnolia Bakery Blueberry Jamboree
- The Best Fruit Pizza
- No-bake Cherry Cheesecake
- Éclair Cream Puff Dessert
Step by step pictures for how to make Fresh Peach Crisp
Frequently asked Questions and Tips for Making Fresh Peach Crisp:
Do I need to peel the peaches?
I prefer to peel the peaches for this recipe, but it is not necessary. If you don’t mind the skins being left on, it won’t hurt the flavor of the finished product, but the texture will be a little different with the skins on.
I don’t have 4 cups of peaches. are there any other fruits I could add?
Berries are a great addition if you don’t have quite enough peaches. I added a hand full of frozen raspberries or blueberries before and the results were delicious.
What is the best size dish to cook this crisp in?
A deep pie dish is just right or a deep 9×9 dish works too. This is a fun recipe to put in a pretty dish too, if you have one. As long as the dish can hold 1.5 quarts it will work great. If you are worried that it could boil over, put a foil-lined cookie sheet under your dish. (A 9×13 is a little too big for this recipe. If you wanted to one and a half it, it would fit nicely in a 9×13.)
Can fresh Peach Crisp be made dairy-free?
Yes, the best way to do this is to substitute the melted butter for melted coconut oil or margarine. You could also try using canola oil if you don’t have margarine or coconut oil.
Can Fresh Peach Crisp be made Gluten Free?
Yes, you will need to sub the all-purpose flour in the topping for a good gluten free flour mix. This is actually a great gluten free dessert when made that way.
Does it matter what variety of peaches I use?
No, the variety of peaches doesn’t matter. As you can see from the pictures, I used white peaches because it was all they had available at the store near me. I have used all kinds of peaches and have always had great results.
- 4 cups peeled and sliced peaches
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together the sliced peaches and ½ cup granulated sugar.
- Pour fruit mixture into a deep pie dish or 2.5 quart baking dish.
- Make topping by stirring together the flour, oatmeal, granulated sugar, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt. Once that is well combined, stir in the melted butter. The mixture will look crumbly.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture evenly over the top of the peaches.
- Place baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. The top will be nice and golden.
- ***To rewarm before serving, place in a 250 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Dinner's Your Family will Love