I can’t get enough of this Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe. The tart and sweet strawberries, paired with the amazing creamy n0-bake cheesecake layer is a match made in strawberry heaven. Add a little flaky pie crust in there, and forget about it….half the pie is gone before I know what happened.
I blame my friend Tracy for my obsession with Strawberry Pie. She introduced me to her perfect version of Fresh Strawberry Pie and before that moment, I didn’t even know I liked it. Now it is on my, “things I must eat 10 of before strawberry season comes and goes,” list.
Tracie has a top-secret family recipe that she uses, so I’ve been experimenting to come up with my own version. I gotta say, this little Fresh Strawberry Pie is a winner.
There really aren’t words for how delicious it is. Don’t waste another minute reading this post. Jump up and go get yourself 2 lbs of strawberries so you can get this little sucker made and in your belly! RUN!
…..homemade pie crust….’ain’t nobody got time for that, just grab your self a frozen one like I did.
This pie represents everything that is right with the world. I hope it makes you as happy as it makes me.
- 1 Frozen Pie Crust, baked according to directions (or make your own)
- 2 lbs Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup sugar, a little less if strawberries are nice and sweet
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- the juice of half a lemon
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Make sure pie crust is cooked according to package directions and cooled completely
- Chop one pound of the strawberries into tiny pieces, You can do this by hand or with a food processor
- Cut the other pound of strawberries in half. If there are some huge ones, cut them in thirds or fourths and reserve for later
- In a medium sauce pan, combine 1 cup sugar, corn starch, the juice of half a lemon and the finely chopped strawberries, Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Remove from heat
- In a small/medium mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, sour cream, remaining sugar and vanilla. Using a hand mixer or a whisk, beat mixture until completely combined and smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into bottom of completely cooled pie crust.
- Add the largely chopped strawberries to the thickened strawberry glaze mixture and stir gently until they are all coated and then pour that mixture over the cream cheese mixture in the pie crust and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until ready to serve.