The mini-chocolate chips add a fudgy-ness that is irresistible! You can tell in the picture above that the mini-chocolate chips become unrecognizable in the baked cookies. the chips are so small they just melt into the batter and give it an extra awesome chocolaty flavor and fudgy texture.
I’ve already made these Crinkle Cookies twice this week. They only take about 2 minutes to mix up and another 25 to prep and bake. Go ahead reach into your pantry and pull out a chocolate cake mix, you know you want to.
I used a regular chocolate cake mix the first time I made these and a devils food the second. I liked the flavor of the plain chocolate one a little better, but the devils food had a deeper brown color, making the cookies look more like traditional crinkle cookies.
- 1 chocolate or devils food cake mix
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix dry cake mix, eggs, oil and chocolate chips until well combined.
- Form dough into small balls with cookie scoop or tablespoon.
- Roll balls in ½ cup of powdered sugar** and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8-9 minutes being careful not to over cook
- Cool on a cooling rack
- **If you prefer you can cook the cookies without the powdered sugar on them and then shake them in in (in a large ziploc bag) after they have cooled
- Makes 24 cookies
Keep it Real!!!