We make a lot of noodles around here! My boys L.O.V.E noodles! They would eat them every day, for every meal, if I allowed it!
Well…….there is one type of noodle my boys aren’t exactly in love with……whole wheat noodles. This recipe is one of my solutions for getting them to eat them. They don’t even notice that the noodles are whole wheat noodles. he he he
These yummy Garlic Ginger Noodles are my new favorite, and can we talk about how much I love the zucchini noodles in this recipe? They are so fun! I don’t have a mandolin so I just made thin slices and then went back and turned the slices into small strips.
Cook these up for the perfect side dish. If you want to make them into a main dish, just add a little pork, chicken, shrimp or tofu. The flavor combination is delicious and they take very little time to cook up!
- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 small/medium zucchini, sliced into thin noodles
- 3 scallions, sliced thinly -separate white and green parts
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-4 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt to taste
- Cook whole wheat spaghetti in salted water until it is very al dente
- drain and set aside
- While noodles are cooking make sauce by combining canola oil, 3 tbsp soy sauce, honey, ginger, garlic, and white parts of onions. Add a few shakes of pepper flakes for heat if you like.
- Cook sauce in medium to large frying pan. When it comes to a boil, turn down the heat and let it simmer for a couple minutes until the garlic and ginger are fragrant.
- Add zucchini noodles and cooked pasta to sauce, mix until all is coated.
- Remove from heat and toss with green parts of scallions and toasted sesame seeds if desired.
- Serve immediately
Recipe adapted from Chow Divine’s Healthy Ginger-Scallion Noodles
Keep it Real!