I’m all kinds of in love with this Golden Grahams S’more Bars Recipe. Golden Graham Cereal coated with Chocolaty Marshmallow Goodness! Is there anything better? And I love that all of the ingredients are things that can be kept on hand so you can whip up a batch if you need to take a treat somewhere in a hurry.
I personally can’t get enough of the combination, and with summer and S’more season coming to an end, I thought now would be the perfect time to get this recipe up on the site.
To be honest, I’m shocked I haven’t posted this yet. This summer while we were in Utah, I wanted to make a batch for our family reunion. I got on the site to find it and, low and behold, it wasn’t there. Gasp!
Luckily, I remembered the slight adjustments I make to the recipe on the Betty Crocker site and was able to make them for the reunion. I made sure to take pictures so I could get the recipe up on Real Life Dinner, so it will always be here for me, even when I’m traveling. And it will be here for you too. It’s a super easy and delicious recipe when you need a treat for a crowd, or…..just for yourself. I won’t tell.
FYI:You can make these in the microwave, but I’m old school, so I like to do it on the stove-top.
- 8 cups of Golden Grahams Cereal (I use a 16 ounce box)
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of miniature marshmallows
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 5 tbsp of butter
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pour the 8 cups of Golden Grahams into a large bowl and set aside.
- Measure out one cup of mini marshmallows and set aside as well.
- Butter a 9x13 pan or baking dish and set aside.
- In a 2 quart sauce pan, combine butter, marshmallows, corn syrup and milk chocolate chips.
- Heat on medium low until everything is melted and smooth. It will look a little clumpy and scary for a minute, but don't worry. When it is completely melted it will look smooth.
- When it is melted, remove from heat and add vanilla, mix the vanilla in and then pour over the cereal you set aside. Mix to coat the cereal, when it is almost all coated, add the marshmallows you reserved. Give it a couple more gentle stirs.
- Pour mixture into the buttered 9x13 pan and press down to help it fit evenly.
- Let cool. Cut into squares and serve.
Other must-make treats for a crowd