If you’re a fan of granola bars, I’ve got a recipe you must try! These S’more Granola Bars just might be one of the best things I have ever made!With school back in full swing I am back to making snacks for lunch boxes and after-school snacks. My kids love Energy Bites, so today I decided to do a different spin on my regular recipe. I added a few different ingredients to make them a little more like a granola bar.
They turned out AWESOME! I had to get it up for you right away! If you have never made energy bites you have got to give it a try. They are a great way to stuff healthy ingredients into a fun shape that your kids won’t be able to resist eating.
I like to put a plastic bag over my hand when I am forming this into balls to keep it less messy. I use a cookie scoop to keep them all uniform.
- 2 cups rice crispy cereal
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup chopped walnuts or nut of your choice
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ¼ cup mini M&M's
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed (optional)
- 1 heaping tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup agave nectar (can substitute honey or karo syrup)
- In a large mixing bowl combine, rice crispies, oats, chopped nuts, raisins, ground flax seed, chia seeds, coconut oil and vanilla.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine, honey and agave nectar. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds
- Remove hot honey mixture and stir in Marshmallows until they melt. May need to heat 10-15 more seconds if marshmallow won't completely melt.
- Stir peanut butter into honey, marshmallow mixture until well combined
- Pour over dry mix and stir until everything is coated evenly
- Let rest 2-3 minutes and sprinkle M&M's into mixture.
- Using a cookie scoop and plastic bag, form granola mixture into balls. refrigerate or freeze for a couple hours before serving
- Keep extras in the fridge or freezer.