Green Curry with Chicken and Potatoes
Okay, so this meal may not be the most vibrant eye catching meal you have ever seen, but let me tell you it is SO GOOD and SO EASY!!! Don’t believe me? Watch the video, easy peasy!
If you are a curry fan or a fan of Indian food in general you will LOVE this meal. My family licked the pan clean…I really should have made a double batch!
I was a little worried after I added the coconut milk that it was going to be too sweet, but once it had a chance to simmer and mingle with the other flavor’s the coconut flavor was very very subtle and not noticeably sweet at all.
The potatoes gave a nice texture to the meal and also helped to naturally thicken the sauce. We thoroughly enjoyed dipping some Homemade Naan Bread into that tasty sauce.
This was the first time I had attempted a green curry sauce, and couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. I think you’re gonna love it too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced or chopped (approx ½ cup)
- 1 medium to large potato thinly sliced and quartered (approx 1 cup)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk
- 1 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- steamed basmati rice
- cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in frying pan or sauce pan add chicken and cook until chicken is mostly done. (add the salt and pepper to the chicken as it cooks)
- Add onions and potatoes, cook until onion get soft.
- Add coconut milk, chilies, curry powder, cumin and garam masala. Simmer mixture until potatoes are nice and soft.
- Serve over steamed basmati rice or rice of choice.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro if desired
More simple dinners
Recipe adapted from a Green Curry Recipe on Mel’s Kitchen Cafe.