If you’re a fan of sweet chili sauce, you’re going to LOVE these Grilled Sweet Chili Pork Chops. Served with some grilled veggies and coconut rice, you just can’t beat this summer time meal. So good!
I’m working on my grilling skills this summer, because truth be told, I’ve always been intimidated when it comes to cooking on the grill. I still have a lot to learn, but I’m getting pretty good at veggies and simple meats. I’ve really had fun experimenting with marinades and glazes. This simple sweet chili marinade is one of our favorites and would also work great for chicken breasts.
Awesome Recipes that Use Sweet Chili Sauce:
- Korean Beef Bowls
- Easy Homemade Pot Stickers
- Sweet Chili Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts Appetizer
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
How to Make Grilled Sweet Chili Pork Chops
Frequently Asked Questions About Grilled Sweet Chili Pork Chops:
What cut of pork chop should I use?
Really any cut will be fine. It just may affect the cooking time. I personally like Sirloin Chops or Ribeye. Thinner chops will cook much quicker. So be mindful of how thick your chops are when you are grilling.
How long should I let them marinade?
At least 30 minutes but up to 12 hours.
How long do these Pork Chops need to cook on the Grill?
That will vary greatly depending on the thickness of your pork chops and also how hot your grill cooks. Mine needed about 10 minutes on each side over medium heat. Just watch them and try to only flip them once, that will help them retain their natural juices. A grilled pork chop should reach the internal temp of 145 degrees.
What TEMPERATURE Should I grill Pork Chops on?
If you want grill marks start them out on high for a minute or two and then turn it down to medium. If you don’t care about the grill marks being significant, you can grill them on medium. I did mine on medium, and as you can see there were still small grill marks.
How Many Pork Chops can I marinade with this recipe?
This recipe makes enough marinade for 6-8 large pork chops.
- 6-8 pork chops (I prefer sirloin cut or ribeye cut...but any cut will do)
- ½ cup Sweet Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3 segments of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Gallon Size Ziploc bag or airtight container for marinading
- In a Gallon Size Ziploc or in a container you can use to marinade the pork chops, combine the sweet chili sauce, the oil, garlic, fish sauce, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix everything well and then add the pork chops, paying close attention that each pork chop gets covered with marinade.
- Refrigerate the pork chops in the marinade for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- When you are ready to grill the pork chops remove them from the marinade and place them on the hot grill.
- Grill for about 8-10 minutes on each side at medium heat or until internal temperature is 145 degrees.
- ***When I make these I like to mix up a little sauce to drizzle on the rice, I do ¼ cup sweet chili sauce and 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp fish sauce and a splash of apple cider vinegar. Just put it in a small bowl and stir until combined..
Recipes you need in your life!