This Holiday Ham recipe is like an institution in our family, I don’t think any of us feel like we can properly celebrate Christmas or Easter without it. And it’s so good we look for excuses to make it all year long.
Holiday ham is a great dinner to make when you have guests over because it’s really low maintenance and comes out delicious every time.
The marinade that the ham cooks in gives it a slightly sweet, tangy flavor and the low cooking temperature with the long cooking time leaves the meat perfectly tender and falling off the bone.
- 1 large Shank or Butt portion Ham
- 1 (10 ounce) bottle Heinz 57 Sauce
- ½ cup Honey
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground dry mustard
- 2½ tbsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Place ham roast in a large roasting pan that has a lid. If you do not have one use a deep pan that can be covered tightly with foil.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a microwave safe bowl and heat mixture in the microwave until sugar dissolves.
- Pour mixture over ham and cover with lid or with tinfoil if your pan doesn't have a lid. (if your crock pot is big enough you could cook it in the crockpot on low for 8 hours.)
- Bake at 225 degrees for 8-10 hours.
- Baste Several times during cooking time.
- When you plate the meat drizzle some off the drippings over the ham to keep it extra flavorful.