I just realized calling this Homemade Fiesta Ranch Dip might be a bit of a stretch. The recipe is more like Semi-Homemade Fiesta Ranch Dip because it uses a regular Hidden Valley Ranch Packet and has added spices to give it the fiesta flavor. We could all use a little more fiesta in our life; right!? If you aren’t a fan of ranch packets, I have a Homemade Ranch Dip recipe that you can use and then add the “fiesta” spices to it.
Granted, this recipe is not going to taste identical to the packet, but it’s pretty close. The packet has two ingredients that most people do not have in their spice cupboard–tomato powder and red bell pepper powder. You can technically order those things, but you can also just make it as is and still get a nice flavorful dip that tastes great with veggies, on chili, in tacos or burritos, and even as a layer for my Ultimate Seven Layer Dip.
Give this easy dip a try next time you throw together a veggie tray! It’s a great way to add an extra level of yum to anything you normally serve ranch or sour cream with!
More Dips You Will Love
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Best Chili Cheese Dip
- Copycat Chick-fil-A Sauce
- Caramel Cheesecake Apple Dip
- Spicy Sausage Queso Dip
- Kale Dip
Step-by-step pictures for how to make HOmemade Fiesta Ranch Dip
Tips for making Homemade Fiesta Ranch Dip
- Use full-fat sour cream.
- Save yourself a dish and mix it up in the sour cream container.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to give the flavors time to mingle.
- Serve with veggie trays, on your favorite Mexican dishes, on baked potatoes, or anywhere else you normally use ranch or sour cream.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Mix
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp regular paprika
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ tsp cumin
- pinch red pepper flakes
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- ⅛ tsp salt
- In a 1-quart mixing bowl or (carefully) in the sour cream container, combine the ranch packet, chili powder, smoked paprika, regular paprika, onion powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and salt. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Once dip has been refrigerated and flavors have had a chance to mingle, serve with your favorite veggies or as a dip for potato or corn chips.
Delicious Salad Dressings
Perfection! Whipped this baby up last night for New Year’s Eve and it was fantastic! Thanks for workshopping and sharing with us.
Yeah! You’re welcome! I am so glad you like it Randi!