I love to make this Taco Seasoning Mix in a big batch and keep it on hand for Taco soup, Taco’s, Lentil Taco’s and anything else I want to add a little southwestern flare too.
I recently used this mix in a Skillet Taco Spaghetti Recipe that I’ll be posting soon. It was awesome and soooo easy! Easy as in, Hamburger Helper Easy.
I found this recipe years ago on allrecipes.com. It’s a keeper!
I store this mix in a Ziploc bag in my spice drawer and add 2 tbsp + 3/4 tsp of the mix in place of a taco seasoning packet when one is called for.
This recipe makes the equivalent of three taco seasoning packets.
I also love this Recipe for How to make your own Fajita Seasoning Mix. It taste great in all things Fajita!
Here is the Taco Seasoning Recipe!
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp + 1½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1½ tsp paprika, can use smoked paprika if you like the smokey flavor it gives
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp oregano
- ¼-1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all spices and mix well until completely combined. Store in an airtight container or in a Ziploc bag.
- Use 2 tbsp + ¾ tsp of mix in place of a regular size taco seasoning packet
Keep it Real!!!