My family went absolutely crazy over this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff. The flavor was amazing and the meat was so tender. It was delicious! If you haven’t tried the Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms that I posted a couple of weeks ago, you need to add it to your dinner rotation sometime soon. It’s another winner.
Now that I know there is no reason to be afraid of cooking pasta in the Instant Pot…it turns out amazing…I have been making some type of one-pot pasta dish in it weekly. In fact…out of the 5 or so pasta recipes I’ve tried so far in the Instant Pot, they have all been delicious! We are loving all these new recipes! I am so excited to keep sharing them with you.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- The Best Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- Macaroni and Tomatoes
- Chicken Stock
- Lentils with Chicken and Sweet Potato
I avoided anything “pasta” in the Instant Pot for over a year. I was completely convinced that the results would be inedible. Boy, was I wrong. If you’ve been reluctant to try pasta in the Instant Pot for the same reasons, trust me, you will love it!
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
One thing I have noticed about pasta cooking in the Instant Pot is that each noodle seems to be a little more flavorful than typically boiled pasta. Something about the pressure-cooking process seems to infuse the noodles with the broth/ingredients they are cooked with. I’m a fan!
For the beef in this recipe, I used Top Round Steak cut into thin, one-inch pieces. I sautéed them for a few minutes with the mushrooms and the onions. I was blown away at how tender the meat was in the final product. Soooo good!
Almost every time we took a bite, my husband and I would look at each other and say, “I think this is the best beef stroganoff I’ve ever had.” It was getting a little ridiculous, but it really blew our minds. 🙂
I hope you and your family love this simple dinner as much as we did. It is truly simple, comfort food at its finest!
Best Tips for making Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- When cooking pasta dishes with meat in the Instant Pot, the cooking time for the pasta is only 4 minutes. This means that you will need to cut the meat into small pieces and sauté it for a few minutes before adding other ingredients and starting the pressure-cooking process.
- Before putting the lid on the Instant Pot, push everything down as evenly as possible. This ensures the pasta will cook evenly.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes, so it will incorporate easier and quicker.
Other awesome family friendly recipes you will love
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into thin one inch pieces
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 lb rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓-1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Using the sauté feature on the Instant Pot, add oil and beef. Sauté for one minute.
- Add onion and mushrooms. Sauté for two or three more minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add pasta, water, broth, salt, and pepper. Stir well. Then, push everything down as evenly as possible before putting the lid on the Instant Pot. (This ensures the pasta will cook evenly.)
- Place lid on Instant Pot and secure it. Select the beans/chili button and set time to 4 minutes.
- When Instant Pot finishes cooking, do a quick release and stir in the heavy cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and ketchup.
- Serve immediately. Top with more Parmesan cheese and dried parsley, if desired.