My family went absolutely crazy over this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff. The flavor was amazing and the meat was so tender. It was delicious!
Now that I know there is no reason to be afraid of cooking pasta in the instant pot…it turns out amazingly…I have been making some type of one pot pasta dish in it weekly and we are loving all these new recipes! I am so excited to keep sharing them with you.
If you haven’t tried the Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms that I posted a couple weeks ago, you need to add it to your dinner rotation sometime soon. It’s another winner. In fact…out of the 5 or so pasta recipes I’ve tried so far in the instant pot, they have all been delicious!
I avoided anything “pasta” in the instant pot for over a year. I was completely convinced that the results would be inedible. Boy was I wrong. If you’ve been reluctant to try pasta in the instant pot for the same reasons, trust me, you will love it!
The one thing that you need to be aware of when cooking pasta dishes in the instant pot that have meat in them, is that the cooking time for the pasta is only 4 minutes. This means that you will need to cut your meat in small pieces and saute it for a few minutes before adding other ingredients and starting the pressure cooking process.
One thing I have noticed about pasta cooking in the instant pot is that each noodle seems to be a little more flavorful then typically boiled pasta. Something about the pressure cooking process seems to infuse the noodles with the broth/ingredients they are cooked with. I’m a fan!
For the beef in this recipe I used Top Round Steak cut in to thin once inch pieces. I sauteed them for a few minutes with the mushrooms and the onions. I was blown away at how tender the meat was in the final product. Soooo good!
Almost every time we took a bite, my husband and I would look at each other and say, “I think this is the best beef stroganoff I’ve ever had.” It was getting a little ridiculous, but it really blew our minds. 🙂
I hope you and your family love this simple dinner as much as we did. It is truly simple, comfort-food at it’s finest!
Other awesome family friendly recipes you will love
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1-2 lbs top sirloin steak, cut into thin one inch pieces
- 8 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, small diced
- 1 lb rotini pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup beef broth
- ½ tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese, cut into small cubes (it will incorporate quicker and easier that way)
- ⅓-1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- Using the saute feature on your instant pot. Add oil and beef, saute for one minute, add onion and mushrooms and saute for two or three more minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Add pasta, water, broth, salt and pepper. Stir well and then push everything down as evenly as possible before putting the instant pot lid on. (this ensures the pasta will cook evenly)
- Place lid on Instant Pot and secure it. Select the beans/chili button and set time to 4 minutes.
- When Instant Pot finishes cooking, do a quick release and stir in the Heavy cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and ketchup.
- Serve immediately. Can top with more Parmesan Cheese and dried parsley if desired.