With this summer heat, I know you’re probably like me and don’t want to turn your oven on unless you absolutely have to. As much as I’m all about quick and easy Instant Pot dinners all year, I am especially grateful for my Instant Pot in the dead of summer. This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta is a winner, and don’t worry. You can adapt the spiciness to fit your family’s preference. If your family loves my Instant Pot Mac and Cheese recipe, they’re very likely to love this “cousin” of a meal!
You can see that I used penne for the pasta in these pictures, but you can really use any pasta shape that you prefer. I think spirals would be really fun or medium shells like I use in my mac and cheese recipe. You could even use spaghetti noodles that are broken in half if you want. I just don’t suggest anything too tiny, like alphabets or small shapes.
My family loves Instant Pot pasta dishes, and there is never even a lone little noodle left. If I’ve had a couple of nights in a row where kids (usually my younger two) are complaining about dinner, I make something like this or my mac and cheese because I know I won’t have to field any complaints.
More Instant Pot and Simple Recipes for Summer
- Instant Pot Chicken Coconut Curry
- Beef Sundaes
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
- Crazy Good Pork and Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Fall Off the Bone Pork Ribs
- Pulled Pork with Easy Homemade BBQ Sauce
Tips for making Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Pasta
- Use any pasta shape that you prefer. I don’t recommend anything too tiny, like alphabets or small shapes.
- I use 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, but you can use whatever amount you think your family will like. If you don’t have buffalo sauce on hand, use the hot sauce you do have in its place. This time I used Texas Pete Hot Sauce.
- You can use shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese in place of the shredded Parmesan cheese.
- To save even more time in preparing the meal, use pre-shredded cheese.
- Once the Instant Pot is finished cooking, put a hand towel over the valve and release it. This catches the moisture out of the valve.
- 1-2 lbs chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces (about 1 inch)
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼-1/2 cup buffalo hot sauce (Or less. Use the amount you think your family will like...I use ⅓ cup.)
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing powder
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb uncooked pasta of your choice
- 4 cups water
- AFTER IT COOKS:
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1½ cup cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- green onions for garnish if desired
- Turn your Instant Pot to sauté and add the butter and cut chicken pieces. Sauté until chicken is no longer pink.
- Next, add buffalo hot sauce, ranch dressing powder, chicken bouillon, garlic powder, ground pepper, and water. Stir well and make sure as much pasta as possible is covered with water.
- Secure the Instant Pot lid and set to high for 5 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is finished cooking, put a hand towel over the valve and release it. (This catches the moisture out of the valve).
- Once the Instant Pot has fully released, remove the lid and add the milk. Give it a good stir and then add the mozzarella, cheddar, and Parmesan cheeses. Mix well until the cheese is melted and all the chicken and noodles have a nice even coating of the cheese mixture.
- Serve and Enjoy!
- *If desired, you can sprinkle green onions on top of the pasta when serving.
Easy Skillet Dinners