Jello Sugar Cookies
Soft delicious Jello Sugar Cookies! So fun to change the flavor to make them fit any holiday.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ⅓ cup oil, canola or veg
- 1 small package lime jello + 1 tbsp sugar
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 eggs
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2¾ – 3 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream the butter, oil, Jello mix, sugar, powdered sugar and egg
- In a separate bowl combine all remaining dry ingredients, mix well and slowly add to butter mixture until well combined. Start with 2¾ cups of flour. I had to add a little more to mine, but this may depend on your flour or your elevation.
- Roll dough into golf ball size balls and place 2 inches apart on a baking sheet, or just use a cookie scoop (it’s faster and gives similar results)
- Put a ¼ cup of so of sugar and a pinch of salt in a bowl
- Use a glass and dip it in the sugar and then use the sugars coated glass to press down on the cookie, this will give it a bit of a rough edge.
- Bake Cookies at 350 for 8 minutes. My first batch took 9 minutes but the rest took exactly 8. You want them to just barely be turning a light brown around the outside edge and bottom.
- Let cool and then frost with frosting recipe below.