Who doesn’t love a chop, toss and bake recipe! SO EASY!! This Kielbasa and roasted vegetables fits that bill.
Kielbasa is a treat at our house and my kids get super excited when I make it. I usually pair it with these Pierogi Stuffed Shells, but the other night I was feeling extra pregnant and lazy and I knew if dinner wasn’t something I could throw together quick it wasn’t going to happen.
We’ve been loving roasted veggies lately so I thought, “What the heck! Lets get wild and chop a bunch of veggies and throw some sliced Kielbasa on top.”
I knew the Kielbasa would give an extra yummy flavor to the veggies and that just because the meal had kielbasa, my kids would gobble it up…..one of my children, who will remain unnamed, was very offended I put sweet potatoes in it. But hey, it wouldn’t be dinner without at least one complaint or critique!
The flavor was great and the texture of the roasted veggies was perfect. An all around great quick dinner!
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, just peeled not chopped or crushed
- 3-4 large carrots or 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2-3 cups frozen green beans
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I used about 1½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper)
- 1 12-16 ounce package kielbasa, sliced in one inch pieces, can use more if desired.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Peel and chop veggies, I like chop them into approx 1 inch pieces
- Toss all veggies, including onion and garlic, in olive oil and salt and pepper (I just did this in my 9x13 pan so I wouldn't dirty another dish)
- Place all veggies in a 9x13 dish and top with sliced kielbasa
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes and then stir and flip everything around
- Return to the oven for 18-20 minutes until veggies are nice and tender and kielbasa is nicely browned...you may need an additional 10 minutes depending on how full your pan is.
- Serve with nice salad or cottage cheese and fruit