You need to make them right now!!! Really!
These sugar cookies are fantastic. They are a Knock-off of a cookie you can get at a drink place in the west. I have never been there but found a recipe for them and decided to try it. The recipe had cream-of-tartar in it and I don’t usually keep that on hand so I made a minor adjustment to the recipe and they turned out amazing.
Almost everyone one who taste these Knock-Off Swig Sugar Cookies, dubbs them THE BEST SUGAR COOKIE THEY HAVE EVER HAD. I have to agree.
I like them so much I made a Swig Sugar Cookie Bar Recipe. It is awesome because it is so quick and easy to make the bars instead of taking the time to form and frost the individual cookies.
No matter which way you make these Swig Sugar Cookies, you can’t go wrong.
Delicious Cookie Bar Recipes
- 1 cup softened butter
- ¾ cup Canola or Vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 5½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- large pinch of baking soda approx ⅛ of a tsp
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for dipping glass in to smash dough balls down
- FROSTING RECIPE:
- ½ cup softened butter
- 2 ounce softened cream cheese
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp milk or cream
- DIRECTIONS FOR FROSTING: Mix butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, salt and vanilla with a hand mixer or whisk. Add in the milk or cream until nice and smooth. Frost bars when they are completely cooled.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare two cookie sheet with cooking spray or parchment paper
- Using your mixer thoroughly cream butter, oil, granulated sugar and powdered sugar until combined
- Add egg, water and vanilla and mix until well combined
- Add flour and sprinkle in salt, baking powder and baking soda, mix for approx 1 minute or until completely combined
- Using a cookie scoop place balls of dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheet (you can make dough balls with your hands if you don't have a cookie scoop.
- Use the ¼ cup extra sugar from the recipe to dip the bottom of a glass cup in gently press it down on the dough ball to flatten it into a circle. Repeat with all of the dough balls on the cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes. Do not over cook.
- Let cookies cool completely and then frost with frosting recipe from above.
I am making a batch for a party tomorrow. Can’t wait to have more in the house. YUMMY!
Keep it Real!