Looking for a flavor packed quick and easy dinner the whole family will love? These Korean Beef Bowls are it! I’ve been meaning to try these for a while now and finally made them last week. Boom Baby! They’re a winner!
The whole family loved this meal, but my husband was especially impressed, He lived in Korea for two years and said that the seasoning on the meat tastes almost exactly like Beef Bulgogi which is one of his favorite meals. He’s already asking when I’m going to make this again.
The delicious flavor of the seasoned beef/veggie mixture over a bed of white rice, these Korean Beef Bowls make for an easy weeknight dinner and can be on the table in 30 minutes!
I used my food processor to finely chop the veggies for this recipe, but if don’t have one you could use the small grate side of your cheese grater and grate the carrots and zucchini.
I also served thin slices of cucumber with this meal. A spoonful of the rice and beef mixture on top of the cucumber was a fantastic flavor combination and also works great to cut spiciness for kids.
I used carrots, zucchini and green onions, and garlic for the veggies. It was a great combo, I think I will try adding some mushrooms next time.YUM!
Also, this is the sweet chili sauce I use in this recipe. This stuff is awesome! I keep it on hand for all kinds of things, its great to dip egg rolls or chicken in, I use it in homemade pot-stickers and it also makes a great pot sticker dip when combined with soy sauce. It’s my Fave. You can find it in the Asian section of your grocery store…the bottle might look different and sometimes they only have it in small bottles. But don’t worry they should definitely have it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ small zucchini, finely chopped or grated (I like to put the zucchini, carrots, onions and garlic in the food processor,,,it's a fast shortcut)
- 12 baby carrots or one large carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 3 whole green onions, finely chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp salt (or to taste)
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp Sweet Chili Sauce (if you do not want to use this, add ⅓ cup brown sugar and 1 extra tbsp of soy sauce and ⅛-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes)
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Cooked White Rice
- Sliced green onions and cucumbers for garnish if desired.
- Brown the meat for 2-3 minutes and then add the very finely chopped or grated zucchini, carrots, onions and garlic, continue to brown until veggies are tender. (sprinkle with the ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper while it is cooking)
- In a small bowl, combine,Sesame oil, sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, and ginger. mix well and pour over beef/veggie mixture. Stir to coat and let simmer for a minute or two.
- Serve hot over white rice and top with sliced green onions. Cucumbers on the side are also delicious.
Other Beef Favorites...YUM