Chocolate and Mint Lover’s, this recipe is for you. This recipe would also be amazing made with regular Oreos for those of you who are not so in love with mint.
They are crazy rich and crazy good!
- 1 brownie mix made according to package directions
- 20 Mint Oreos
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1½ tbsp water
- ½ tsp mint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- 5-6 Mint Oreos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350
- Pour prepared brownie batter into a greased 9×13 pan
- Press Oreos down into batter evenly in 5 rows of 4 (if you prefer you can chop up Oreos and sprinkle them on top of batter instead of putting in whole cookies. If you do it this way you will only need 12-14 cookies)
- Bake according to package directions, approx 25-30 minutes
- Let brownies cool completely before frosting with Mint Oreo Frosting.
- Combine powdered sugar, butter, water, mint extract and food coloring.
- Mix with a hand mixer until completely smooth and blended
- Stir in the crushed Oreos
- Spread over cooled brownies