Neiman Marcus Cookies
I had almost completely forgotten about these delicious cookies until my cousin made them this summer! If you’ve never had them you are in for a treat and if you have had the them, you know you need to make them pronto….
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1½ cups butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp coarse sea salt, you can use regular salt but I love the way chocolate chip cookies taste with coarse salt.
- 3¾ cups oatmeal, put in the blender or food processor and made into a flour like substance
- 1½-2 cups chopped almonds
- 3 cups chocolate chips, milk or semi-sweet according to your preference
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a mixer or with a hand mixer, cream brown sugar, white sugar and butter until completely mixed and fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coarse salt mixing on low
- Add oatmeal flour and finely chopped nuts and continue mixing until completely incorporated
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined
- Using a cookie scoop or two spoons scoop dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet two inches apart (it is also fun to make GIANT cookies with this dough, just take a double scoop and roll it together.)
- Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes or until edges are just turning a very light brown and center still appears slightly shiny and a tough gooey.
- Let cooked cookies rest on cookie sheet for one to two minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Need any other delicious cookie recipes? These are some of my favorites!!!