Why is anything with a few Cadbury Mini Eggs on top of it so dang cute? Seriously, those eggs don’t even have to try, and they just slay it all the time! Kind of like my favorite flavor combo of chocolate, peanut butter and butterscotch. You know, like in these Chocolate Scotcheroo Rice Krispie Treats. Well, these No-bake Birds Nest Cookies take those flavors, add some crunch from chow mein noodles, and get topped off with Cadbury Mini Eggs. So cute and so fun and easy to make!
I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but for the new people…it turns out I’m not the kind of mom I thought I would be. I always imagined that I would really enjoy doing fun projects and crafts with my kids, and I would really love cooking fun recipes with them. Turns out I don’t. In fact, I would rather teach anyone’s child to cook instead of my own. Don’t feel too sorry for my kids. I still do an occasional craft or cooking session with them, and there has even been a time or two where I actually enjoyed myself. Those times are usually when I have a SUPER simple recipe like this one that meets my two criteria: very simple ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes.
If your experience with motherhood has been like mine, this recipe is for you! You get to feel like you did something to make the holiday a little more special and fun. Plus, your kids get to have fun cooking and eating their cute little creations! Winning!
Easter and Spring Treats Kids will Love
- Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Cream Easter Eggs
- The Best Fruit Pizza
- Strawberry Delight Sheet Cake
- Chocolate-Dipped Peanut Butter Eggs
- Chewy Chocolate Cookies with Cadbury Eggs
- Swig Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
step-by-step photos on how to make no-bake birds nest cookies
Frequently Asked Questions about how to make No-bake Birds Nest Cookies
I don’t have chow mein noodles. What’s a good substitute?
If you don’t have chow mein noodles, pretzel sticks will work. However, you will have a stronger sweet and salty combination. If you like those flavors together, go for it.
what can I use in place of the CADBURY EGGS?
Jelly beans are a good substitution, or any other brand of chocolate candy-coated eggs will work.
can I use dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate chips?
Yes, you can. They will still be delicious, especially if you prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.
how can I get the Cadbury eggs to stay on top of the cookies?
After placing the candied eggs on top of the cookie, hold them in place for a few seconds. Another option is to put an indentation with a small spoon in the cookies and then place the eggs inside.
- 1¼ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups chow mein noodles
- 45-60 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper, wax paper, or a Silpat mat. Set aside.
- In a 2-quart microwave-safe glass bowl, combine the milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Melt in microwave for 45 seconds, take out and stir. Return to the microwave for 20-second increments or until melted and smooth.
- Add the chow mein noodles and stir until completely coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop the mixture out onto the prepared cookie sheet. Do one at a time and place three Cadbury Mini Eggs in the center of each one. You may need to hold them for a few seconds to help them stabilize. Repeat until you have used all the chow mein mixture.
- Let cool completely before removing from the cookie sheet.
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container on the counter, or if desired, they can be kept in the fridge.
Delicious No-Bake Desserts