Chocolate Oreo crust with Oreo pieces folded into a cream-cheese pudding filling, and topped off with Cool Whip and more Oreos. This No-Bake Oreo Pie is sure to be a hit with all the Oreo lovers in your life. If pie isn’t your thing, try this Oreo Poke Cake. It’s a reader favorite and for good reason. YUM!
Summer just begs for all the no-bake dessert recipes. Whether it’s no-bake cheesecakes, no-bake pies, or even no-bake cookies or rice krispies, I am here for it always, but especially in the summer!
I experimented with this pie a couple of times because I wanted to get it just right. At first, I used my Coconut Cream Pie filling recipe as inspiration. It uses heavy whipping cream and sour cream to get a delicious and thick filling. Using that as my guide, the filling came out too sweet once it had all the Oreos mixed in. Instead of sour cream and whipping cream, I decided to try cream cheese to see if the saltiness would balance out the sweet and still have a nice thick consistency in the filling, which I was hoping for. It worked great, and I am so excited for you to give this yummy pie a try!
If you are lucky enough to live where you can grab the instant Oreo Pudding at your grocery store, you could give that a try instead of instant vanilla. If you do use the Oreo Pudding, don’t be tempted to think you don’t need to fold some Oreo pieces into the filling. I still highly encourage you to add those for the flavor and texture.
Awesome No-Bake Desserts
- Easiest, BEST Ice Cream Cake Ever
- Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding Recipe
- Amazing Samoa Rice Krispie Treats
- No-bake Peanut Butter Corn Flake Treats
- Golden Grahams S’more Bars
- Peanut Butter Cup Bars
Step by Step pictures for how to make No-bake oreo pie
Frequently asked questions about making No-Bake Oreo Pie:
How many hours before serving do I need to make this pie?
To completely set up, the pie needs to refrigerate for at least 5 hours. You can make it five hours in advance or making it a day in advance is even better.
Can I use chocolate pudding instead of vanilla pudding?
The flavor will of course be different, but I bet it would still be delicious. Can you really go wrong with anything chocolate and Oreo?
Can I use low-fat or no-fat cream cheese?
I prefer to use original cream cheese in this recipe, but low-fat will work fine. I’m not a fan of the no-fat because it can have an extra level of sour tang, but if you want to try it, go for it.
Can I make a homemade crust instead of a store-bought one?
Yes. I have a recipe for a peanut butter pie that has instructions for a homemade crust. You can check it out here.
Can I make this if I don’t have a hand mixer?
If you have a strong blender or food processor you can use that. The tricky part of trying to do this without a mixer or blender is that the cream cheese might still be a little lumpy. You want it to be as smooth as possible.
Can this pie be gluten-free?
If you use gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies and make your own gluten-free crust, it can definitely be gluten-free.
- 1 (9 inch) pre-made Oreo Pie Crust
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened (room temperature)
- 2⅓ cup milk
- 1 (5.1 ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 15-18 Oreo Cookies (I prefer original, not double stuffed.)
- 1-2 cups Cool Whip
- Place room temperature cream cheese in a medium-sized mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer for about 30 seconds.
- Next, slowly add in a cup of milk, ¼ cup at a time, mixing very thoroughly between each addition. (This helps the cream cheese to fully incorporate and not be lumpy.)
- Once one cup of milk has been incorporated into the cream cheese, add the instant pudding and the remaining 1⅓ cup milk.
- Mix on medium with a hand mixer until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Once it has thickened, chop up 10-12 Oreos into small pieces and fold them into the pudding mixture.
- Pour that mixture into the pre-made pie crust. Use a spoon to evenly distribute it.
- Evenly spread Cool Whip in a thin layer over the pie.
- Use remaining Oreos to decorate the top. You can just crumble some on top or you can cut Oreos in half and add them evenly like the pieces in the picture. Do whatever makes you happy.
- Refrigerate for at least five hours before serving.