Mel’s Kitchen Cafe so I knew it would be awesome. I needed one of those bars in a bad way so I jumped up to start making them.
I didn’t have any peanut butter chips so I added a little more peanut butter to the recipe and I also switched out regular salt for course sea salt (which is my favorite in any cookie or bar involving chocolate chips or peanut butter…trust me it’s amazing) and I sprinkled the bottom of the pan and top of the cookies with granulated sugar. The results were so fantastic I made them twice in 24 hours.
I won’t disclose how many of the bars I have eaten personally, but let’s suffice it to say, you are going to LOVE these bars! Even though I have some other recipes I am super excited to share with you, I bumped them out of the way, because you need these bars in your life, like…….yesterday!
The soft and chewy texture of the bars is perfect and the flavor is more-ish….you just want to eat more and more and more!
Don’t just sit there, jump and get some of these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Peanut Bars in the oven STAT!
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup white sugar, + 4 tsp divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp coarse sea salt, regular salt if you don't have coarse is fine
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan (I use my butter wrapper for this) then sprinkle bottom of pan with two tsp of granulated white sugar.
- In your mixure, or with a hand mixer, combine butter, peanut butter, ½ cup white sugar and brown sugar
- Cream together for 2-3 minutes add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Continue mixing until well combined about 30-45 seconds
- Add salt, and baking soda mixing at a low speed, slowly add flour and oats one half cup at a time. Add Chocolate chips last and mix until just combined.
- Batter will be thick, evenly distribute it by the spoonful on to your greased and sugared 9x13 pan. In order to spread it evenly you may need to spray your hand with cooking spray and press it down carefully until it is evenly distributed in the pan.
- Once dough is evenly spread in 9x13 pan, sprinkle the remaining two tsp of granulated white sugar on top of the bars and bake in 350 degree oven for 15-18 minutes.
- You do not want to over bake. The bars will be barely starting to brown on the edges. You can test center with a toothpick if desired. Remember bars will continue to cook a little as they cool in the pan. In my oven it takes exactly 15 minutes.
These are the BOMB!
Keep it Real!!!
**Have you tried my other favorite? Chewy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies…so good!