Are you an Apple Crisp Fan? If so, you will LOVE the recipe I’m sharing today!
Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
This apple crisp will rock your world. Tart apples with sweet crunchy, buttery crumble topping…..
It’s a little bit of fall perfection!
- 4-5 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I like Granny Smith)
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1½ cups oatmeal
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- pinch of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Combine sliced apples, white sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice, mix until well combined
- Put apple mixture in the bottom of a 8×8 baking dish
- In a separate bowl combine: oatmeal, brown sugar, vanilla, salt and baking soda, mix until evenly comibined
- add butter and mix by hand (sort of a squishing technique) until mixture is combined (it will come together in clumps)
- Evenly distribute oatmeal mixture over apples in 8×8 baking dish
- Bake at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until apples are fork tender
- Serve with ice cream if desired
More awesome apple recipes