One Bowl Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are my new go-to, I need a cookie STAT, recipe! When I say one bowl, that translates to, no mixer! You just whip these puppies up with a fork and bada-bing, bada-boom COOKIES!
Chewy, peanut-buttery, chocolate-y, these cookies are the whole package. I’m a little obsessed with them. Turns out I’m pretty much obsessed with peanut butter in general, I just searched my site to share a few recipes that also include peanut butter and I was like. “Wow Maria, do you even make anything without peanut butter anymore? So many peanut butter goodies in my archives. Here are a few of my favorites:
Maria’s Peanut Butter Favorites:
- Peanut Butter Fudge Bars
- Better than the Bakery Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cup Bars
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Corn Flake Treats
- Chocolate Scotcheroo Rice Crispy Treats
I could go on and on, apparently I love peanut butter! It’s funny how tastes sometimes change as we get older. As a kid I would be sooooo disappointed when my mom made peanut butter bars or peanut butter cookies…they were my least favorite…My, my how things have changed.
So Simple to Make:
You start this recipe by melting butter (or at least getting it really soft) in a 2 quart or 2 1/2 quart glass bowl. A plastic one works great too. This way you can use that same bowl to mix up the cookies. I love this step because it makes it possible for the cookies to be super simple to mix with just a fork. It also gives a nice texture to the finished product. The second step is adding the brown sugar, peanut butter and the egg. If you melted your butter make sure it isn’t too hot or wait to add the egg until you’ve mixed the brown sugar and peanut butter in to help it cool down.
Once that is mixed well you can add the dry ingredients. Give it a good mix until the dry ingredients are incorporated and then add the chocolate chips. BAM! They are ready to bake. Sooo quick, sooo easy, sooo good!
- ½ cup softened or melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup peanut butter (I prefer creamy)
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp (scant) salt, I prefer coarse sea salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Put your ½ cup of butter in a 2½ quart glass or plastic mixing bowl. Microwave it for 30 seconds or so until it is very soft or even melted.
- With a fork mix in the brown sugar, peanut butter and egg. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well until all dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until evenly dispersed.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, place 2 tbsp pieces of dough (balls) onto a large cookie sheet. Place the balls of cookie dough 2 inches apart and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies will be just starting to look a little golden on the edges. The cookies will come out looking a little puffy and then take on their regular shape as they cool.
- After the cookies cool keep them in an airtight container or freeze them in an airtight container.