Oreo Cheesecake Bites
Oh boy, have I got a tasty little treat for you today. Who doesn’t love Oreo’s and cheesecake? They make the perfect pair in these little bite size squares, and let me tell you……..they are irresistible.
When I saw this recipe over on kraftrecipes.com I was intrigued, but I didn’t think the chocolate layer on top was necessary. Seriously, with the Oreo’s and all of the cream cheese in the recipe do we really need to add more calories with the chocolate on top.
I gotta say…..YES, yes you do. I’ve tried them both ways and hands down they are crazy good with chocolate spread or drizzled on top. Doesn’t the zig-zag drizzle make them so pretty.
CROWD PLEASER ALERT! At one of the parties I took these to they literally disappeared in seconds. (Just thought you might want to know)
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it is simple! Sometimes cheesecake recipes can be a little involved, but this is quick and practically fool proof! The only issue I had was that they took longer to cook in my oven then the suggested recipe time.
I have also had great success halfing the recipe and cooking it in a 8×8 inch pan.
- 36 Oreo cookies, divided
- ½ cup butter, divided
- 4 (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line 9x13 inch pan with tinfoil, make sure ends are extending over sides (this will make it easier to remove cheesecake for cutting)
- Finely crush 24 Oreo's in food processor or in a zip lock bag with a rolling pin
- Melt ¼ cup of butter and mix with crushed Oreo's. Spread evenly in the lined 9x13 pan
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended.
- Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended.
- Chop remaining cookies.
- Gently stir them into batter; and pour over crust.
- Bake for 45 min. or until center is almost set.
- Cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Remove cheesecake from pan by carefully lifting out the tinfoil.
- Place on flat surface and cut into desired size. I like 1x1 square pieces.
- Melt chocolate in microwave or in double boiler. Put in a sandwich size Ziploc bag and snip edge to drizzle on cheesecake bites. If you prefer you can spread the chocolate onto the bars before cutting.
- Keep refrigerated until serving. They can also be frozen.
Recipe source : Oreo Cheesecake Bites | Kraft Recipes
Keep it Real!