Light and fluffy rolls covered in an irresistible caramel that is created as it cooks in a bundt pan. Overnight Butterscotch Monkey Bread is the perfect holiday morning breakfast or a delicious treat for any occasion. The comfort food level is comparable to your favorite cinnamon roll recipe, but the prep time is literally less than 5 minutes.
The amazing flavor of the caramel sauce comes from a surprise ingredient–Butterscotch Cook and Serve Pudding. The pudding is sprinkled over the rolls along with brown sugar and melted butter. As the rolls bake, it creates a delicious sauce with a nice salted caramel flavor. That sticky sauce combined with the soft warm texture of the baked rolls is a match made in heaven. This monkey bread is best eaten warm. It is such a treat! Before you know it, you will have licked the plate clean. 🙂
Using Rhodes Rolls or any frozen roll dough makes this recipe come together in minutes. If you can’t find frozen rolls at your grocery store or if you just want to make your dough from scratch, my Easy French Bread recipe is an absolutely perfect dough to use. You would need to make 22 (slightly bigger than a golf ball) rolls out of the dough. You may have a little leftover. Don’t use that in the Monkey Bread or it might overflow your pan. You could make a mini loaf of French bread, a few regular rolls out of it, or my kids like to put small pieces of dough in the microwave for 20 seconds and then eat it with butter. It’s actually pretty good. 🙂
NOTE: If you make homemade dough you will not need to let them sit overnight. They will only need about 1.5-2 hours to rise before being baked.
The best way to prepare this Overnight Butterscotch Monkey Bread is to put them together right before you go to bed. They need to defrost and rise to double their size. This usually takes about 7-8 hours. Right when you wake up, you bake them in a 350-degree oven for 20-25 minutes, and viola! Everyone will be raving about the delicious breakfast!
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- The Best Easy Baked French Toast
- Crustless Quiche Egg Casserole
- The Best Baked Oatmeal
- Down Home Biscuits and Gravy
- Copycat Diner Style Pancakes
- Homemade Whole Wheat Waffles
STEP BY STEP PICTURES FOR HOW TO MAKE OVERNIGHT BUTTERSCOTCH MONKEY BREAD
Tips for making Overnight Butterscotch Monkey Bread
- Prepare the Monkey Bread around 10:00 p.m., cover the bundt pan with a dish towel, and leave it on the countertop overnight. Bake first thing in the morning.
- Make sure to use Cook and Serve Butterscotch Pudding–not instant pudding.
- Place bundt pan on a cookie sheet while baking in case any sauce spills over.
- If you would like to add pecans or walnuts, sprinkle 3/4 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts around the bottom of the greased bundt pan before adding the frozen rolls.
- 22-23 Frozen Rhodes Rolls
- ½ cup melted butter, divided
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package Cook and Serve Butterscotch Pudding
- Bundt Pan
- Spray a bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Put 22 or 23 frozen dough balls evenly in the pan.
- Pour ¼ cup melted butter over the dough.
- Sprinkle ½ cup brown sugar evenly over the rolls and butter.
- Sprinkle the dry pudding mix over the brown sugar.
- Top with the remaining ¼ cup melted butter.
- Cover with a light dish towel and let sit for 7-8 hours. This is perfect to prepare at night and bake first thing in the morning.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes. See pictures above for how the top of the monkey bread should look when it is done.
- Carefully invert the bundt pan onto a large plate. Be careful. Some of the caramel sauce may get on you when you do this.
- Serve warm and ENJOY!
Try these Popular Recipes