A chewy, peanut butter cookie topped with a Hershey Kiss when it’s fresh out of the oven is a perfect cookie for anyone who loves the classic peanut butter chocolate combo. My sister-in-law, Becky, has the best recipe for these Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies. I’m so excited to share it with you! While you’re at it, grab a second bag of Hershey Kisses and make Hershey Bar Fudge.
These peanut butter cookies are so good I use it as my go-to peanut butter cookie recipe, too. Even without the Hershey Kiss in the middle, they’re delicious. The recipe calls for shortening, and it really does make the cookie softer and chewier than butter. I have made them both ways, and prefer the way they turn out with shortening.
When I make the cookies without the Hershey Kiss, I do not roll them in sugar. Making them as a Peanut Butter Blossom, the step of rolling them in sugar is important. Don’t skip it. These cookies are not just delicious; they’re also really cute and look perfect on a treat plate or as a dessert at a special occasion.
More Awesome Chocolate Peanut Butter Combos
- Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- One Bowl Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting and Chocolate Ganache
- Candy Bar Peanut Butter Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge Bar Recipe
- Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
step-by-step pictures on how to make Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Frequently asked questions about making Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies
Can i use crunchy peanut butter in this recipe?
Using crunchy peanut butter in this recipe isn’t something I would recommend. It adds a crunch and affects the appearance of the cookie. If you’re making them just as a peanut butter cookie, it’s totally fine to use it. As a blossom, I like to stick with creamy peanut butter.
what size cookie scoop should i use?
A 1 1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop is the perfect size for making Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies.
do SILICONE MATS work better than parchment paper when baking cookies?
I go back and forth between both and have never had a problem with either sticking at all. Either way you go, you’re going to have a great non-stick option for your cookie baking. The parchment paper is definitely an easier cleanup. Sometimes I get annoyed washing my silicone mats.
can i freeze this cookie dough?
Yes. Most cookie doughs can be frozen without a problem. This one is no exception. You will need to let it thaw in the fridge before forming the cookies. If you aren’t planning to make the dough into blossoms, you can shape it into a roll like the rolls of cookie dough that you see in the refrigerator section in a grocery store. By doing so, you can just pull it out, slice off pieces and cook the frozen dough.
what is the best way to store leftover cookies?
Leftover cookies? What are those? If you do have leftover cookies, store them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag on the counter. If you want to freeze them for later, put them in an airtight container or Ziploc bag. They will stay good in the freezer for 4-6 months.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 3½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Extra granulated sugar for rolling
- 11 oz. package of Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer or a hand mixer, cream together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, shortening, peanut butter, salt and vanilla. Mix well, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and milk. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add flour and baking soda. Mix until flour is completely incorporated.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out dough and roll in your hand to make a small ball. Roll ball in granulated sugar and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Immediately after cookies come out of the oven, place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss into the center of each cookie, pressing down just slightly to secure it. Let cookies rest on cookie sheet for 1 minute before transferring to a cooling rack. The Hershey Kisses will melt when placed on the hot cookie. Be sure to give them enough time to cool and harden before trying to stack or store them.
Classic Reader Favorites