Chocolate Dipped Oreos are my secret weapon for when I don’t have much time but want to take an impressive and insanely delicious treat somewhere. In the past I’ve usually gone with Mint Oreos dipped in milk or sometimes white chocolate.
Recently I decided to try Vanilla Oreos and had the crazy idea to open up the little guys and stuff them with peanut butter before dipping them in their chocolate coats. DELICIOUS!
Seriously, who doesn’t love a recipe that takes 15 minutes to make and impresses the masses. Winning!
- 24 Vanilla Oreo Cookies
- 1 12 ounce package of Milk Chocolate Chips or 12 ounces of Chocolate Almond Bark
- Creamy Peanut Butter, amount varies
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper
- Twist Cookies open one at a time and smear approx 2 tsp of peanut butter inside and then put two halves back together, set aside on cookie sheet until all cookies are stuffed with peanut butter. (leave the white filling in the cookie with the peanut butter, don't scrape it out)
- In a microwave safe dish or using a double broiler on the stove top, melt chocolate chips until smooth. I add 1 tbsp of peanut butter to the chocolate chips while they are melting, but this step isn't necessary. *
- Dip stuffed cookies one at a time into melted chocolate, use a spoon, knife or your finger to remove excess chocolate before placing on lined cookie sheet. Use your already chocolate-y finger to smooth out the surface and cover any part of the cookie that may have been missed.
- Allow cookies to set before eating, I put them in the fridge to speed setting process. Enjoy!
Mmmm! Happy Eating!