When I made these yummy pork chops my husband took one bite and declared, “This is the best pork chop I’ve ever had.” He’s a pork chop connoisseur, so that was high praise for these Pesto Parmesan Pork Chops.
They’re definitely up there on my list of favorites too. And way up there on my EASIEST DINNER EVER list! Three ingredients friends. Here’s a video to show you just how easy they are to make.
Three little ingredients, forty-five minutes to bake and dinner is done. That’s what we call a WINNER!
The flavors of the pesto baked into the pork chop with the layer of toasty salty Parmesan cheese on top is a combination that will make your mouth soooo happy.
The kids even loved these, pesto and all…I was a little worried they would question what the green substance was but no one seemed to care.
Can we just take a moment of silence for pork chops. They’re one of my favorite go-to dinner’s lately. So easy and so many ways to make them. My other favorite pork chop recipe is this Oven Baked Parmesan Pork Chops recipe. YUM!
Apparently I like Parmesan…..I also like Pesto, if you haven’t tried these easy pesto recipes yet, you should, they are both great. Alfredo Pesto Sauce with Chicken and Tomatoes and Five Minute Pesto Alfredo Sauce.
Also…not all Pesto sauces are the same, sometimes you have to try a few to find your favorite or you can make your own. I like the Classico brand. The one I get is called Traditional Basil Pesto.
I decided to serve these pork chops with pasta. I tossed half the pasta in some of the leftover pesto sauce and left half plain in case any of the kids would prefer just butter and Parmesan on theirs. I think roasted potatoes would also taste delicious with this meal, especially if you tossed them in some of the pesto before roasting them.
Even just eating one of these Pesto Parmesan Pork Chops alone with a nice salad would be a fantastic meal. Basically I’m just saying you should eat them. YUM!
- 6-8 pork chops of your choice, I used boneless
- 8 Tbsp pesto sauce, I use Classico brand
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Shake salt and pepper on the bottom of a large cookie sheet (the type that has a lip around the edge so juices won't spill off.)
- Place pork chops down an inch or two apart.
- Lightly salt and pepper each pork chop
- Spread 1 tbsp of pesto sauce on each pork chop. I like to put the spoonful on each pork chop before I start spreading so I don't risk putting a contaminated spoon back in the pesto jar since I will have pesto leftover.
- Once Pesto is spread evenly on the top of each pork chop sprinkle them generously with the shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Place the seasoned pork chops in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Depending on how thick the pork chops are they may need the whole 60 minutes. Mine cooked for 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with pasta or potatoes.