Sweet fresh pineapple, Roma tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, and cilantro all brought together with a little lime juice and salt. This Pineapple Salsa recipe is amazing as a stand-alone salsa for dipping chips, but it’s also delicious as a side served with grilled chicken or blackened salmon.
This fresh pineapple salsa is basically a Pico de Gallo with the addition of small fresh pineapple chunks. The tropical flavor it gives to the salsa is unique and perfect for summertime potlucks and barbecues.
As far as dipping into it with corn chips, our family loves the way it tastes with the Hint of Lime Tostitos. Another option, if you are watching calories, is to dip Sea Salt and Lime Quaker Rice Cakes into it. Yum!
Other Salsa and Pineapple Favorites You’ve Got to Try!
Step by step pictures for this Pineapple Salsa Recipe
Tips for making this Pineapple Salsa Recipe
- Make sure to use a ripe pineapple.
- Cut the pineapple into small bitesize pieces.
- Depending on the heat level you prefer, you can leave the seeds in the jalapeno, take them all out, or leave in a few.
- Another way to add heat is to shake in a few drops of hot sauce.
- If you don’t have a lime, you can use True Lime packets to get the desired amount of lime flavor.
- Serve over fish, chicken, or as a dip with corn chips.
- Tastes extra delicious served with a Hint of Lime tortilla chips or Sea Salt and Lime Quaker Rice Cakes.
- 1 pineapple (peeled, cored, and diced into small bite-size pieces)
- 8-10 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 2-3 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced (leave seeds in if you want heat.)
- ¼-1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- lime juice to taste (approx. 1 tbsp)
- salt to taste (approx. ½ tsp)
- **You can use True Lime packets to replace fresh lime juice if desired.
- Once you have everything chopped and diced properly, combine the pineapple, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro in a medium-sized mixing bowl. If using a metal bowl, make sure your bowl is stainless steel so it doesn't react to the acid in the lime juice.
- Add lime juice and salt. Stir thoroughly and taste. Add more lime juice and salt if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.