September is days away and I couldn’t stop myself from breaking out some pumpkin for a batch of this amazing Pumpkin Bread.
My mom is the quick bread queen and pumpkin bread is one of her specialties. This bread comes out perfectly. Just the right combination of pumpkin and spice. The texture is perfect and as good as it is on day one, somehow it gets even better on day two. The outside edges soften up and mmm, mmm, mmm, I could eat it all day!
I like to use mini loaf pans when I make quick breads. This recipe will make 5 mini loaves or 2 large loaves.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2-2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3½ cups flour
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon'
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine butter, oil, sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl
- Beat well in a mixer or with hand beaters
- Add the pumpkin and vanilla and mix
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix until blended together. Careful not to over mix.
- Pour batter into greased bread pans and fill each pan ⅔ -3/4 full. If using large bread pans, Bake on 350 for 1 hour. If using mini loaf pans bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.
- You can check breads for doneness by inserting a toothpick into center of the loaf. If bread is done it will come out clean.
- After bread completely cools, store it in a ziploc bag or airtight container. You can also freeze it for up to three months.
Yummy Quick Bread Recipes