So I realize May 25th isn’t typically a day where you wake up and think, “I am dying to make some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread,” but it should be because this recipe is AWESOME!
A couple months ago a friend shared a loaf of this bread with me and my kids liked it so much that I got the recipe from her and basically I can’t stop making it now.
I’ve made a couple very minor changes to the recipe she game me, one of which is sprinkling the top with cinnamon sugar before I bake it. It gives the top a delicious little crunch and is pretty much perfection.
I don’t like the chocolate chips to overtake the pumpkin bread so I leave a hand full out of the batter and sprinkle them on top. It’s kind of fun. But do whatever makes you happy.
I have also made this with half wheat flour, half white flour and it still comes out delicious. It does dry out a little fast, but this rarely makes it past a day and a half at my house so that really hasn’t been a problem.
If you are concerned you won’t eat it fast enough just put a loaf in the freezer and when you pull it out at a later date, it will be perfect and fresh.
This recipe is slightly adapted from the Betty Crocker Website. I just love Betty. She has some of the very best recipes.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 15 ounce can of pureed pumpkin
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips, I prefer semi-sweet
- cinnamon sugar for sprinkling (about 2 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 5 mini loaf pans or 2 large loaf pans and set aside
- In your stand mixer or with a hand mixer cream butter, and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and then add pumpkin. Mix until well combined.
- Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda.
- Mix until well combined
- Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined. I like to save a handful of chocolate chips to sprinkle on the top.
- Evenly distribute batter into the prepared pans. Depending on the size of your large pans you may need a third pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar on the top of each loaf and then place in the 350 degree oven and bake.
- If using mini loaf pans bake for 40-45 minutes. If using large pans bake for 55-65 minutes or until toothpick comes out of the center clean.
- Remove form pans and cool on cooling rack.