This recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies has been in my family for YEARS!
It is the perfect recipe for a delicious fall cookie. Super simple to mix up with a yummy, soft, almost cake/muffin-like consistency, and just the right amount of chocolate chips sprinkled throughout!
These never last long at our house. You may want to make a double batch.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup oil (scant)*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda dissolved in one tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice**
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (Or 1½ cups if you really love chocolate!)
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- combine pumpkin, oil, sugar,egg and vanilla. mix well
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon
- slowly add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until well combined
- fold in chocolate chips
- using a cookie scoop, place dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet two inches apart
- bake for 10-12 minutes
- Cookies will be puffed up. Poke center of cookie with a toothpick to check for done-ness.
- Makes approx. 36 cookies
*scant means not quite, so in this recipe it means not quite a half cup of oil
**Pumpkin pie spice (Homemade version)
Keep it Real!