Pumpkin Pecan Crunch is that delicious dessert you had at a friends house and have been dying to get or find the recipe for. Oh wait, was that just me?
I’ve never been a huge fan of pumpkin pie…well, that’s not exactly true. I finally found one I love last year and I can’t wait to share it with you, but that is besides the point. Back to Pumpkin Pecan Crunch…Pumpkin Pecan Crunch is one of my favorite fall desserts. It hits a home run in simplicity to make, has ingredients that can be kept on hand, AND, it tastes AMAZING! Definitely a home run!
Sweet pumpkin custard topped with a buttery, pecan sprinkled, crunch topping. Your taste buds will dance.
One of the reasons it is so easy to make is that it uses a cake mix for the topping. I love a good cake mix recipe. They are so fun and perfect for when you need a quick dessert. Some of my favorite cake mix recipes are….Cinnamon Roll Poke Cake, Raspberry Short Cake, Andes Mint Bundt Cake, Worlds Easiest Hot Fudge Cake, Swirled Cheesecake Brownies, Strawberry Shortcake, and Fudgy Crinkle Chocolate Cookies. Told you I loved ’em!
Pumpkin Pecan Crunch is very simple to make. You start by whisking together the pumpkin, spices, sugar, eggs and canned milk. Sprinkle on the cake mix, toss on the pecans and drizzle melted butter over it. That’s it. so simple!
When it comes out of the oven you can decide if you want to serve it warm. Serving it warm works better served with a spoon. The second option is to let it cool completely and serve it in square/bar type pieces. Unless it is completely cooled it won’t hold its shape well. Either way, I suggest topping it with some homemade whipped cream. Yum! Don’t get me wrong, it tastes amazing on it’s own, but the whipped cream makes it sing!
The leftovers will need to be kept in the fridge.
You’ll love making this easy and delicious dessert for fall gatherings or even for Thanksgiving. This dessert always goes over great with everyone, even people who don’t like pie.
Thanks for coming to Real Life Dinner! I’m so happy to have you visit and check out recipes that catch your eye. Helping people find and make great food is my passion and I hope you’ll take some time to look around and make yourself comfortable!
- 1 15 ounce can Pumpkin (make sure it's plain pumpkin, not the type that has pie spices in it)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 yellow or butter flavored cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray and set aside
- In a large mixing bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, evaporated milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, salt and vanilla. Whisk well until mixture is smooth.
- Poor mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the pumpkin mixture with the dry cake mix.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans over the dry cake mix.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the chopped pecans and dry cake mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until edges are beginning to darken and center appears to be set.
- Serve warm with homemade whipped cream or let cool if you prefer. Keep leftovers refrigerated