My friend Rebecca introduced me to this salsa. I love salsa and especially love delicious Resturant Style Salsa.You know what kind I’m talking about the kind that they bring to you when you get seated at a Mexican Restaurant and it’s so good you can’t control yourself and eat so many chips and salsa that you can barely eat a fraction of your dinner.
Awww, it’s so good.
The recipe she gave me is from Pioneer Woman. It’s yummy, but over the years I’ve made a couple minor changes to make it exactly how I love my salsa. Ree suggests putting in the whole jalpeno, seeds and all. I prefer leaving the seeds out. My tongue is tough but not that tough. I only use one can of Rotel, and I also love to add a little smoked paprika. It gives it just a hint of smoky-ness and reminds me of the salsa we had at a yummy restaurant on our honeymoon.
Mmmm, yummy, I am dreaming of a big bowl of Salsa with warm corn chips just typing this post.
I love that this recipe makes a big batch and can stay good in the fridge for 2-3 weeks. It’s so fresh and delicious. You’re going to love it.
I love to serve this with my favorite Chimichangas.
- 1 29 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 10 ounce can Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- ¼ cup chopped onion, heaping cup
- 1 small jalapeño (I take the seeds out)
- 2 small or one large clove garlic
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½-1 tsp salt,
- ½-1 tsp ground cumin
- ⅛ tsp smoked paprika, (optional)
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ a lime, juiced (about 2 tbsp)
- Combine diced tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalopeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, smoked paprika, cilantro and lime juice in a large blender or food processor. Pulse until desired consistency. Make at least one hour before serving and keep refrigerated.
- Serve with corn chips and all of your favorite Mexican inspired dishes.
- Can be stored in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- (If you don't have a large food processor or blender, do half of the ingredients at a time and then mix both batched together in a large bowl to mingle all flavors.)