Thirty-minute dinners are the best! This Sausage and Peppers with Egg Noodles recipe is one of our favorites! We eat this at least once a month. If you’ve been following RLD for a while, you might recognize that I have a very similar recipe posted called Beef and Peppers with Egg Noodles. Beef or Sausage, you can’t go wrong. We love it either way.
There’s just something about the onions, peppers, and garlic cooked with the beef or sausage that creates such a deep and delicious flavor. The egg noodles are the perfect complement to the texture. Sprinkled with some parmesan cheese, it’s a chef’s kiss kind of weeknight dinner.
If you’ve got a picky eater like I do that refuses to eat bell peppers, you can just take a little meat out and set it aside before adding the peppers, garlic, and onions. My picky one really likes egg noodles, so I always know he will at least eat that and some garlic bread or a roll.
If you need more easy weeknight dinner ideas, check out the list below.
Easy Weeknight Dinner Ideas
- Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken Taco and Rice Skillet Dinner
- Sheet Pan Kielbasa with Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken (Mexican Delight)
- Ketchup Sloppy Joes
- Easy Oven Baked Parmesan Pork Chops
step-by-step photos on how to make sausage and peppers with egg noodles
Tips for making Sausage and Peppers with Egg Noodles
- If you are using Italian Sausage links, make sure to remove the casings before browning them.
- This recipe calls for three bell peppers. I used one red, one green, and one yellow bell pepper, but you can use any three bell peppers you want.
- Frozen, diced onions and bell peppers will work in this recipe if you don’t have fresh ones.
- You can use minced garlic from a jar, but I recommend fresh minced garlic for the best flavor.
- If you don’t have egg noodles on hand, you can use penne or rotini in its place.
- Drizzle a little olive oil on the drained noodles to keep them from sticking together.
- Use a 12-inch skillet to give plenty of room for the sausage, onions, and peppers to cook. A 10-inch skillet will work, if that’s all you have.
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 2 medium-sized onions, diced
- 3 bell peppers, diced (I use 1 red, 1 green, and 1 yellow.)
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (16 oz) package egg noodles
- 1 tsp salt, plus more for the noodle water
- ¼ ground black pepper
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the salt and the noodles. Cook for 7 minutes.
- While the noodle water is coming to a boil, start making the sausage and peppers by browning the sausage in a large skillet.
- Next, add the diced onions, bell peppers, crushed garlic, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper. (You can also add a drizzle of olive oil at this point, if you desire.)
- Continue cooking over medium-high heat until the peppers and onions are cooked and tender. I like to let mine get a little browned for flavor.
- When the noodles are done cooking, drain them and set aside until the meat and peppers are done. You can drizzle a little olive oil into the drained noodles to help them not stick together, if desired.
- As soon as both parts are done, serve by putting egg noodles on the bottom and the meat mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and Enjoy!
Instant Pot Recipes You'll Love!