I’m falling more and more in love with sheet pan dinners these days. The ease of chopping a few ingredients, tossing them in the oven, and having dinner ready thirty minutes later is just sooo exciting to me! This recipe for Sheet Pan Fajitas is so fun. With or without tortillas and all the fixings, this sheet pan dinner is one you will love eating and want to make again and again!
In this recipe, I include a simple homemade fajita seasoning, but if you prefer you could use a store-bought packet of fajita seasoning in place of the seasonings listed in the recipe.
This recipe is also versatile in the fact that you can use whatever color of peppers you prefer and whatever type of onions you prefer or have on hand. You can also use boneless chicken thighs in place of boneless chicken breasts if you prefer.
One of my favorite things to do with this recipe is to shake a little True Lime over it when it is done. Or you can squeeze a wedge or two of fresh lime juice on it. If you have never used True Lime, it is amazing. It tastes just like fresh lime because it is crystallized lime juice. I love keeping it on hand, so I don’t have to worry about always having a fresh lime around. (Not sponsored, just something I really love.)
More easy Mexican Dinners you’ll love
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pineapple Chicken
- Mexican Casserole
- Creamy Beef Green Chili Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chili Chicken Casserole
- Easy Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Sheet Pan Smothered Burrito
Step By step pictures for How to Make Sheet Pan Fajitas
Frequently Asked Questions for Making Sheet Pan Fajitas
How thick should I cut my pieces of Chicken?
I suggest cutting your chicken into thin strips about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick. You want to cut the chicken and the peppers and onions about the same thickness so that they will cook evenly.
What type of chicken is best to use for fajitas?
I prefer to use boneless chicken breasts for Fajitas, but boneless chicken thighs work really well too. It really just depends on your personal preference.
Can I use this recipe for Shrimp or Beef Fajitas?
Yes, you can. If you have smaller shrimp, they will cook really quickly. You may want to consider adding them halfway through the cooking time.
How many people will this serve?
This recipe can feed about 4-6 people. If most of the people are small children, it could probably feed 7 or 8.
Is this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, this recipe is gluten-free.
Can I leave out the sugar in this recipe?
You can if you prefer, but adding a little bit of sugar really adds to the flavor of the fajitas.
- 1-1½ lbs of boneless chicken, sliced into thin strips
- 2 bell peppers, I prefer one red and one green
- 1 medium-sized onion, purple or yellow
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chicken bullion
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
- Fresh lime juice or True Lime (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Place the sliced chicken, peppers, and onions on the sheet pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, paprika, granulated sugar, salt, chicken bullion, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Drizzle the peppers, onions, and meat with ¼ cup olive oil. Shake the seasoning mixture evenly over meat and veggies. Use your hands to toss everything until evenly coated with oil and seasoning.
- Once evenly coated, spread the mixture throughout the sheet pan in one single layer. This will help it cook evenly.
- Place the sheet pan in the 425-degree oven and bake for about 20-25 minutes. (Make sure the oven is not on convection heat or it will cook too quickly.)
- When finished cooking, remove from the oven and sprinkle with True Lime or fresh lime juice if desired.
- Enjoy as-is or serve in tortillas with all the fixings or as a salad. You can't go wrong with however you decide to eat these delicious Sheet Pan Fajitas.
Delicious Rice Recipes
Made these on the stovetop, added cumin to the seasonings, and squeezed fresh lime juice on the chicken. It’s the first time I’ve had lime juice on fajitas—delicious!
Yay! So glad you tried this. So glad you mentioned cumin. The recipe is supposed to have 1/4 tsp cumin in it…Just went and fixed that. Also, yes! Doesn’t a little lime just take it up a notch!
I’m making these tonight! They are so yummy!😋
Awesome! We had them twice last week! Definitely my new favorite easy recipe!
Definitely trying this one
Wahoo! You’ll love it! One of my favorites lately!