Easy sheet pan recipes are right up there with skillet recipes for my favorite go-to dinners on busy nights. Taking a few minutes to throw things on a sheet pan and having them magically turn into a complete dinner, in less than an hour, makes me so happy! This Sheet Pan Kielbasa with Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts is also super healthy and a great way to get in more veggies. This recipe is a slight adaptation to a reader favorite, Kielbasa and Roasted Vegetables.
I usually use regular kielbasa or turkey kielbasa. Pick your favorite or you can even try substituting different sausages that you love. I like to use frozen brussel sprouts because it saves me the time of washing and trimming the fresh ones. However, the fresh brussel sprouts do roast up a little crisper. We also like to add plenty of garlic and some sliced onion for extra flavor.
One of the other great things about this recipe is how adaptable it is. If your kids will absolutely turn their noses up to brussel sprouts, just pick another green vegetable they like and add it in. Green beans and zucchini are great options.
More Simple Dinners
- Million Dollar Zucchini Skillet
- Chicken Taco and Rice Skillet Dinner
- The Best Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- Slow Cooker Hobo Dinner
- Instant Pot Macaroni and Tomato
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken
how to make Sheet Pan Kielbasa with Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
Tips for making Sheet Pan Kielbasa with Sweet Potatoes and Brussel Sprouts
- Cut all veggies as close to the same size as possible, so they will cook evenly.
- Use a quality olive oil for best flavor. Vegetable and Canola oil will not produce the same flavor. Olive oil really brings out the best in veggies.
- Use coarse sea salt or a coarse seasoned salt blend of your choice. I prefer a steak seasoning blend that I found at a Salt Mine we visited in Salzburg, Austria.
- If you want an easy cleanup, cover the bottom of the sheet pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. The foil will produce a more roasted crisp finish on the veggies.
- If you want a little more browning on the veggies and Kielbasa, put it under the broil for 1-2 minutes after it is finished cooking.
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lbs brussel sprouts, frozen or fresh
- 1 12 oz Kielbasa, slice into ½ inch pieces
- 1 medium onion
- 5-6 segments of garlic, peeled
- ¼-1/3 cup olive oil
- coarse sea salt or salt blend of your choice, steak seasoning works great
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, Kielbasa, onion, and garlic on a large sheet pan. Drizzle the olive oil evenly over all and toss until everything is coated.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and cracked pepper or seasoning blend of choice. Toss again.
- Place sheet pan in hot oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- At this point, you can serve the dish. OR place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, if you want to get a little more of that nice, crisp browning on everything.
Sweet Potato Recipes