I’ve been on the hunt for a good Slow Cooker Fall Off the Bone Pork Ribs recipe and after trying a couple different ones and looking at lots and lots of pork rib recipes on line, I have finally found one I really like.
I saw this recipe on Natasha’s Kitchen and decided to give it a go in the slow cooker.
I changed just a couple things because of what I had on hand and my ribs only marinated in the mayonnaise sauce for about 2 hours. And because I’m all about slow cooker recipes this year I adapted the cooking time and cooked them in the slow cooker. It was perfect because we were going to be gone most of the afternoon. When we got home all I needed to do was put the barbecue sauce on and finish them off in the oven.
I really liked how the flavors in the mayonnaise marinade added to the depth of flavor in the finished ribs. I finally found a recipe I’ll be making over and over for pork ribs.
The one thing I would have done differently is, pre-cut (before cooking) my ribs into single or doubles, more realistic for serving. It would have also made it easier to fit them in the slow cooker. We had company coming so I made two racks and it was a little tricky to get them in the slow cooker.
Also with this recipe, you want to make sure your ribs are completely thawed if they have been in the freezer. If they aren’t you will need to increase cooking time by about an hour.
As for the barbecue sauce. You can choose your favorite. We like Sweet baby Rays or Good ol’ Kraft original. Sometimes we put a couple drops of Tabasco in it. Gives it a nice subtle kick.
Whichever you choose, I think it’s safe to say your family will love these ribs and you’ll love being able to throw them in the slow cooker and have a nice dinner to look forward to.
- 4-6 lbs of Country Style Pork Ribs or Pork Spare Ribs (cut into singles or doubles...this makes it easier for serving and for putting in the slow cooker)
- ½-3/4 cup Mayonaise
- 1 white or yellow onion sliced
- 6-8 large segments of garlic, crushed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning or ¾ tsp basil and ¼ tsp oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl (Or in your slow cooker insert..makes for less dishes) combine Mayonaise, onion, garlic, bay leaves, Italian Seasoning and some salt and pepper (i used about ¼-1/2 tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper)
- Mix it all up and then add the ribs. Using your hands make sure each rib gets a coating of the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight if you remember to do it before going to bed.
- Place marinated ribs into the slow cooker or if you used your slow cooker insert to marinate them just put on the slow cooker. Turn the temperature to low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- After the ribs are finished cooking in the slow cooker, remove and place them on a large cookie sheet. Brush both sides with barbecue sauce.
- Broil the ribs until barbecue sauce is bubbly. Turn over and broil the other side. Add more barbecue sauce if desired.