This year is definitely my slow cooker and instant pot era. With every kid in one or two sports, I feel like I don’t even have time to breathe, let alone think about dinner. I’ve been pulling out my slow cooker at least 2-3 times a week, and this new recipe for Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken is delicious! Best of all, it takes less than 5 minutes of prep! My family gobbled this right up, and I know your family will, too.
It’s as simple as putting the chicken in the slow cooker, whisking the other ingredients together, and pouring them on top. Finish it off with a few pats of butter, and you are set. Set the slow cooker on high for 4 hours or low for 6. I served this over jasmine rice with a side of roasted broccoli–perfect pairing.
Recipes for Busy Weeknights
- Ketchup Sloppy Joes
- Instant Pot Chicken Taco and Rice Skillet
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
- Slow Cooker Pork Roast and Gravy
- Instant Pot Lentils with Chicken and Sweet Potato
Step-by-Step Photos for How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
Tips for How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Use a slow cooker liner for easy cleanup.
- You can use either boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
- If you use frozen chicken, you may need to let it cook for an extra hour.
- For a little spice, you can add a shake of crushed red peppers or a pinch of cayenne pepper to the sauce mixture.
- The rice wine vinegar can be substituted for apple cider vinegar, and the chicken will still taste good.
- Serve over jasmine rice or this Coconut Rice recipe.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup honey
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 5-6 tbsp butter
- Place the chicken in your slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, crushed garlic, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Whisk it together until completely combined.
- Next, pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Place pats of butter evenly over the chicken.
- Put the lid on, and set it to high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. (If you use frozen chicken, you may need to give it an extra hour.)
- When done, the chicken should be shreddable.
- Serve over rice with a side of your favorite veggie.