Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken is about to make you the hero of your family. And believe me when I say you’ll be patting yourself on the back when you taste this delicious and healthy meal that even your picky kid just gobbled up.
I make Salsa Chicken with black beans in my crock pot fairly often and we eat it as fajitas or with chips and it is yummy….but…..this dish is fantastic. The pineapple does something amazing to the meat and I have to admit I was nervous that it would give the dish a sweet and sour flavor, but it doesn’t, it just makes it incredible!
We ate it with brown rice that I cooked with a little chicken bullion to add a layer of flavor and even Charlotte who hasn’t willing eaten meat for the last three months licked her plate clean.
If you aren’t a fan of rice it also taste great over corn chips or wrapped in a tortilla. How you eat it is not nearly as important as just making sure you are eating it because friends, this is a life changing recipe. And I dare say you might want to kiss my feet for sharing it with you.
It literally took me 5 minutes to throw in my crock pot.
This is a perfect meal to take to someone and it can also very easily be made into a freezer meal.
We like it served over brown rice cooked with a little chicken bullion and topped with shredded cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro. Any way you eat it this meal rocks, it’s like “Easy” and “Delicious” got married and this is their baby.
- 3 large chicken breast (approx 2 lbs)
- 2-3 cups salsa (I like medium heat)
- 1 20 oz can crushed Pineapple (drained)
- 1 15 oz can black beans (drained)
- 1 15 oz can of corn, drained (or 1½ cups frozen corn)
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies (or two jalapenos, seeded and chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- Puts all ingredients in Slow Cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- When I use frozen chicken I start it out on high for 3 hours and then turn it down to low for 3 more hours.