Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken aka Mexican Delight is about to make you the hero of your family. And believe me when I say you’ll be patting yourself on the back when you taste this delicious and healthy meal that even your picky kid just gobbled up. Another great way to use salsa and chicken together is by making these Salsa Chicken Enchiladas.
I make salsa chicken with black beans in my crockpot fairly often, and we eat it as fajitas or with chips. It is yummy….but…..this Mexican Delight is fantastic! The pineapple does something amazing to the meat. I have to admit I was nervous that it would give the dish a sweet and sour flavor, but it doesn’t. It just makes it incredible!
- Oven Baked Spanish Rice
- Homemade Flour Tortillas
- Instant Pot Refried Beans
- Oven Baked Cilantro Lime Rice
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice
- How to Make Homemade Re-fried Beans
We ate it with brown rice cooked with a little chicken bullion to add a layer of flavor, and even Charlotte who hasn’t willingly eaten meat for the last three months licked her plate clean. We topped it with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro. Any way you eat it, this meal rocks! It’s like “Easy” and “Delicious” got married, and this is their baby.
If you aren’t a fan of rice, it also tastes great over corn chips or wrapped in a tortilla. How you eat it is not nearly as important as just making sure you are eating it. Because, friends, this is a life-changing recipe. And I dare say, you might want to kiss my feet for sharing it with you. 🙂
how to make Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken aka Mexican Delight
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker–chicken breasts, crushed pineapple, black beans, corn, and diced green chilies.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred chicken and serve with rice, tortillas, or corn chips.
- That’s it!
It literally took me 5 minutes to throw all the ingredients in the crockpot.
Tips for making Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken aka Mexican Delight
- If you like spicy flavors, use spicy salsa to give it a kick. I like to use medium-heat salsa.
- You can use frozen chicken in this recipe. Start out cooking on high for 3 hours, and then turn it down to low for 3 more hours.
- Put the chicken breasts whole in the crockpot, and then shred the chicken when it’s done.
- You can use fresh pineapple in place of the canned pineapple. Chop up the pineapple into small pieces or use a food processor or blender to crush the pineapple.
- This is a perfect meal to take to someone, and it can also very easily be made into a freezer meal. As a freezer meal, the recipe can be frozen with or without the ingredients being cooked.
- 3 large chicken breast (approx. 2 lbs)
- 2-3 cups salsa
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can of corn, drained (or 1½ cups frozen corn)
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies (or two jalapenos, seeded and chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- When I use frozen chicken, I start it out on high for 3 hours and then turn it down to low for 3 more hours.
More Mexican dishes you'll love