A simple weeknight dinner you can throw together in minutes in the morning. Use chicken breasts or chicken thighs for this delicious Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken recipe. The sauce is made from three simple ingredients you probably have on hand, and the chicken can be put in frozen. This a totally painless and easy dinner. Teriyaki Baked Chicken is also a must-make.
My kids are huge fans of teriyaki. Just a few weeks ago, I posted a Slow Cooker Teriyaki Meatball recipe. I’m telling you: they will eat just about anything if I tell them it’s teriyaki. What I love about this recipe is that all I have to do is throw in some frozen chicken, whisk together a few ingredients, and turn the slow cooker on. It doesn’t get easier than that, folks!
At some point during the day, throw some rice in the rice cooker. Right before dinner warm up some veggies and boom! Dinner is served.
More Simple Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Salsa Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chili Chicken Casserole
- Slow Cooker Corn Chowder
- Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Pesto Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hobo Dinner
- STEP-BY-STEP PICTURES FOR how to make slow cooker teriyaki chicken
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
do I need to use boneless chicken?
I prefer to use boneless chicken because it’s easier to shred, and I don’t have to worry about pulling the bones out. If you have chicken with bones in it, try this Teriyaki Baked Chicken recipe. It’s very similar and works great with bone-in chicken.
is slow cooker teriyaki chicken gluten-free?
It is gluten-free as long as you use gluten-free soy sauce. You will need to double-check the Italian salad dressing that you use, too.
is there anything I can substitute if I don’t have Italian salad dressing?
Yes. If I don’t have Italian salad dressing, I use a 1/4 cup of either white vinegar or rice wine vinegar, and a 1/4 cup of canola or olive oil. I also add 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder, and 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning.
can I use lite soy sauce?
Yes, you can.
what kind of rice tastes best with this dish?
Our family likes jasmine rice or long-grain with this chicken.
- 3-4 pounds of chicken breast or chicken thighs (can be thawed or frozen)
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ cup Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- steamed rice to serve with chicken
- Place chicken (thawed or frozen) in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the water, sugar, Italian salad dressing, soy sauce, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk until cornstarch and sugar are dissolved. Pour over chicken.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high. Chicken is done when it can easily be shredded with two forks.
- Serve over steamed rice and veggies.