Okay! You all know I’m not a Nutella fan. So this recipe was something I dreamed up thinking of my children, who are crazy about Nutella. According to them, this Strawberry Nutella Puff Pastry Dessert is.the.best.thing.in.the.world. While they’re gobbling it up, I’m just over here proud of myself for making something pretty. Even though I don’t love Nutella, I am all about making all the strawberry things while they are in season.
This beautiful dessert really couldn’t be easier to make. I know I say that about a lot of things, but seriously, this is crazy easy for how beautifully it turns out. All you need to do is spread Nutella on a sheet of puff pastry, fold it in thirds, brush with egg wash, and sprinkle with sugar…bake for 15-20 minutes, let it cool most of the way, top with whipped cream, sliced strawberries and a drizzle of Nutella! ….and honestly, you could skip the egg wash and sugar since the cream is just going to hide that, but the little crunch is kind of nice.
I wasn’t home when my husband got home and saw this sitting on the counter. He called to ask me what it was, if I made it, and if he could have some. When I said I made it, he was more surprised than he should have been. He thought I had boughten it at the store. Even he knows I don’t normally make things look so pretty. Lol!
I can’t wait for you to make this. It is an amazingly simple, beautiful, and delicious dessert….that is if you like Nutella. 🙂
Delicious Strawberry Desserts
- Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Strawberry Jam Sheet Cake
- The Best Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Strawberry Delight Sheet Cake
- Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
- Homemade Danish Dessert
step-by-step pictures on how to make strawberry Nutella puff pastry dessert
Tips on how to make Strawberry Nutella Puff Pastry Dessert
- If using frozen puff pastry, thaw one sheet according to the instructions on the package.
- To add a little extra crunch and sweetness to the pastry, you can whisk up one egg and brush it on top of the uncooked folded pastry, and then sprinkle it with coarse sugar before baking.
- Make sure the pastry is almost completely cooled before adding the cream and strawberries to the top or they will melt off.
- Instead of making homemade whipped cream, you can use Coolwhip in its place.
- To easily melt the Nutella for drizzling it on top of the strawberries, place the remaining 1/4 cup Nutella in a small bowl. Next, pour boiling water into a medium bowl, and then place the small bowl of Nutella in the boiling water. Stir the Nutella until it has the desired texture.
- 1 sheet puffed pastry
- ¾ cup Nutella, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 egg wash (optional)
- Coarse sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Lay the sheet of puff pastry out flat in the center of the lined pan.
- Next, spread a thin layer of Nutella all over the puff pastry. This will take a little more than ½ cup of Nutella. Save the rest to drizzle over the finished dessert.
- Use the parchment paper to help you fold the Nutella-covered pastry into thirds. (See pictures above in the step-by-step photos.)
- If desired, brush the top of the puff pastry with an egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar. This step is not necessary because the top of the dessert is covered with cream and strawberries, but it does add a little extra crunch and sweetness to the pastry.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes. In my oven, it takes 18 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool while you make the whipping cream and slice the strawberries.
- The pastry needs to be almost completely cooled before adding the cream and strawberries to the top or they will melt off. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- *Another option for serving is to serve it warm and top individual pieces with whipped cream and strawberries instead of keeping it all in one piece.