Strawberry Pretzel Dessert with Fresh Strawberries.
If you’ve never had this, run do not walk to the store and get these ingredients. Trust me, you will thank me later.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels, I like to use my food processor to crush them
- 3 tbsp sugar, you can use white or brown
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 8 ounce tub cool whip
- 2 (3 ounce) pkg Strawberry Jello, or one 6 ounce package
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine pretzel crumbs, 3 tbsp white or brown sugar and melted butter, stir until combined and press in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, cool completely
- Make cream cheese layer by mixing soft cream cheese with white sugar until completely combined. fold in cool whip
- Spread cream cheese mixture on cooled pretzel crust
- Make the Strawberry layer by combining the jello and boiling water, stir until completely dissolved, allow Jello to cool and to start to slightly set up before adding the fresh strawberries. I do this by putting mine in the fridge and keeping a close eye on it for 30-40 minutes. Sometimes longer, depends on how hot my water was.
- Add fresh strawberries to slightly set jello, Mix well and pour/spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until jello completely sets. I try to make this dessert at least 6 hours before I know I need it to ensure proper setting of the jello.
- If you want you can serve with a dollop of cool whip on top, but it is not necessary.
Keep it Real!!!