Strawberry Pretzel Dessert with Fresh Strawberries.
If you’ve never had this, run do not walk to the store and get these ingredients. Trust me, you will thank me later.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels, I like to use my food processor to crush them
- 3 tbsp sugar, you can use white or brown
- ¾ cup butter or margarine
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 8 ounce tub cool whip
- 2 (3 ounce) pkg Strawberry Jello, or one 6 ounce package
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine pretzel crumbs, 3 tbsp white or brown sugar and melted butter, stir until combined and press in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes, cool completely
- Make cream cheese layer by mixing soft cream cheese with white sugar until completely combined. fold in cool whip
- Spread cream cheese mixture on cooled pretzel crust
- Make the Strawberry layer by combining the jello and boiling water, stir until completely dissolved, allow Jello to cool and start to slightly set up before adding the fresh strawberries. I do this by putting mine in the fridge and keeping a close eye on it for 30-40 minutes. Sometimes longer, depending on how hot my water was.
- Add fresh strawberries to slightly set jello, Mix well and pour/spread evenly over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until jello completely sets. I try to make this dessert at least 6 hours before I know I need it to ensure proper setting of the jello.
- If you want you can serve with a dollop of cool whip on top, but it is not necessary.
Keep it Real!!!