They are simple to throw together because the brownie base is actually a cake mix and the cheesecake ingredients are very basic things you probably have in your house already. Doesn’t everyone keep a supply of cream cheese lying around?
The bonus with this recipe is that it makes a large cookie sheet full, perfect for potlucks or family gatherings. These Swirled Cheesecake Brownies are always a hit no matter where I take them.
Because the base is a cake mix, the brownies definitely have more of a cake like consistency then the typical chewy, brownie mix, type brownies. The slightly dense and creamy cheesecake swirls are the perfect compliment to the cake like brownie and if you are like me you will find yourself addicted to them in no time.
The generous amount of chocolate chips in the cheesecake layer doesn’t hurt anything either. SO YUMMY!!!!!
- 1 German Chocolate Cake mix, (prepared according to package directions)
- 2 8 oz pkgs cream cheese (don't use low fat or fat free), Softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Pour prepared cake mix into sheet pan and spread evenly
- Combine softened cream cheese, eggs, sugar and chocolate chips, mix well until completely combined.
- Make five lines of cheesecake filling length wise on the cake batter
- using a butter knife drag it through the batter and cheesecake one direction and then the other width wise until you have swirled the two together. (See picture below)
- Pay close attention to the edges and make sure you evenly spread cheesecake layer so you will have it throughout the entire pan of brownies.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (my oven took about 23 minutes)
You want to try and make sure you get the cheesecake layer swirled nicely from edge to edge. I’m a stickler for having a little bit of everything in each bite. 🙂 Follow along with this collage and they will come out perfect!!!
Keep it Real!!!